Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upper river squatters.  (Read 4308 times)

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Upper river squatters.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 06:39:20 PM »

This area will be cleaned up next Friday, Oct.22
The directors of the Vedder Chilliwack River Cleanup Society are having a "hot spot " clean up at this site, starting around 1 pm.  Due to Covid restrictions and no liability insurance, this is a non sanctioned event but if any anglers from this site care to join us we will be grateful for the help.  Bags and pickup sticks will be provided but bring your own gloves.
I will update this message as we get closer to the date.

I've got no time these days but would be happy to donate some bucks to buy cleanup supplies or snacks for the volunteers. If you're set up to accept donations, let me know the best way to do that :D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 07:50:42 PM »

I've got no time these days but would be happy to donate some bucks to buy cleanup supplies or snacks for the volunteers. If you're set up to accept donations, let me know the best way to do that :D
Thankyou for the kind offer Blood  Orange. Honestly, at this time the Society does not need money .. due to Covid restrictions our expenses (mainly liability insurance) have been minimal. The society receives the majority of its funding from DFO, followed by the FVRD, and the city of Chilliwack.
I posted this information for any available anglers who may be fishing in the area, early afternoon on the 22nd, and wanted to assist.
Hope to see a few of you there.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 08:19:11 PM »

an update ... some good people have cleaned up this mess!  The cleanup I asked anglers to assist at is now happily cancelled.

Hats off to whoever made that happen!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 08:34:17 PM »

Hmm There are a couple of other dump sites just down from the Camp Run/Dog Park on Yarrow side. I'll try to get some photos when I walk by them maybe tomorrow afternoon.