Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Centerpin casting?  (Read 13870 times)

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Re: Centerpin casting?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 03:59:15 PM »

.wallis cast is good on smaller rivers try casting like that all day (on the vedder) and let's see how long you last

the vedder is a smaller river imo.... i don't know why people say the wallace is such an exerting cast it requires the same or less energy than the basic pin cast. your probably not  doing it right... are u sure your not doing the wall-less cast?

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 05:40:21 PM »

correct me if Im wrong, you cannot use a wallace cast if you have a caged centerpin reel right?

I use a hardy Silex, I practiced my casting in the park...I found alot of the youtube videos to be little help to me..mostly because they're were using casts on open reels that I could not perform with my caged reel.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 06:35:26 PM »

correct me if Im wrong, you cannot use a wallace cast if you have a caged centerpin reel right?

I use a hardy Silex, I practiced my casting in the park...I found alot of the youtube videos to be little help to me..mostly because they're were using casts on open reels that I could not perform with my caged reel.

Ive never tried with a silex but my buddy has one and he was doing the wallis easily enough.

Once you learn to wallis cast you wont do the bc cast nearly as much. there is less effort in a wallis cast than a bc cast. There should be no line twist if your doing it right..
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 06:54:50 PM »

hmm I'll have to give that a try in the park before I head out this fall

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 02:17:08 AM »

99% of the time I use the modified Wallace cast and I can cast farther and more accurately than the BC cast. blaydRnr why is it if people don't agree then it's always "retarded" or dumb? You really remind me of a guy that I bumped into on the vedder last fall...

hey i was giving my personal opinion and expressing it the way i feel...please don't give it anymore meaning than that... i wasn't calling anyone retarded or dumb, but you seem to insinuate that i'm always making derogatory comments towards forum members.

if you feel i'm out of line please substantiate your claims and feel free to report me to the administrator or modifier.

so i remind you of a guy that you bumped into on the vedder?...obviously an unpleasant experience that you're using as a metaphor to make a personal attack on me...all because i don't agree with the use of the Wallace Cast... now who's the hypocrite?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:18:55 AM by blaydRnr »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »

99% of the time I use the modified Wallace cast and I can cast farther and more accurately than the BC cast. blaydRnr why is it if people don't agree then it's always "retarded" or dumb? You really remind me of a guy that I bumped into on the vedder last fall...

38 posts and already you know my history?... how many of my 800+ posts have you read to justify what you've stated about me? you say if someone doesn't agree with me i always describe their comment as "RETARDED" or "DUMB"... maybe you need to give your head a shake before you make false statements like that on this forum.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:48:07 AM by blaydRnr »

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »

Using the term "retarded" to describe anyone or anything is in bad taste, especially on a public forum. blaydRnr, if you had avoided that term to start with I don't think anyone would have pointed out your comments as being out of line.

Fish Slayer

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »

Post counts are nothing but a count of how many posts a person has made. I could make 1000 posts a month would that make me a better fisherman or forum member? No, it would just mean that I post a lot. You don't need a high post count to know a persons history either, it would be as simple as being a lurker before signing up or making a post. The thing about reminding me of a guy I bumped into on the vedder isn't a personal attack, it's just how type up your posts. You reminded me of an event which happened last fall that I had forgotten about. This guy was preaching to a person who he had brought with him on how to fish this piece of water for coho. What color of wool to use, where to catch them, how center pins are for beeks and that level winds will give a fish a better chance of survival if released. Then a few casts later he has a wild doe pinned on the beach 20' from water. I revived the fish which took about 10 mins and it did not swim off very strongly. The whole time I was reviving the fish this individual was yelling saying I don't know how to revive fish and that I should put my gear down and fight him. The whole situation was rather humorous to me as I had 5 other friends there with me at that time, the sad part is that that wild doe probably did not make it to spawn as she was really battered from being dragged up the rocks pinned to the ground and carried around by the gill plates from this guy. That's what you reminded me of, not some hidden feelings like CK is hoping for lol

CK I wasn't being an e-thug I just asked a question, go back and reread my post.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »

Post counts are nothing but a count of how many posts a person has made. I could make 1000 posts a month would that make me a better fisherman or forum member? No, it would just mean that I post a lot. You don't need a high post count to know a persons history either, it would be as simple as being a lurker before signing up or making a post. The thing about reminding me of a guy I bumped into on the vedder isn't a personal attack, it's just how type up your posts. You reminded me of an event which happened last fall that I had forgotten about. This guy was preaching to a person who he had brought with him on how to fish this piece of water for coho. What color of wool to use, where to catch them, how center pins are for beeks and that level winds will give a fish a better chance of survival if released. Then a few casts later he has a wild doe pinned on the beach 20' from water. I revived the fish which took about 10 mins and it did not swim off very strongly. The whole time I was reviving the fish this individual was yelling saying I don't know how to revive fish and that I should put my gear down and fight him. The whole situation was rather humorous to me as I had 5 other friends there with me at that time, the sad part is that that wild doe probably did not make it to spawn as she was really battered from being dragged up the rocks pinned to the ground and carried around by the gill plates from this guy. That's what you reminded me of, not some hidden feelings like CK is hoping for lol
CK I wasn't being an e-thug I just asked a question, go back and reread my post.

wow, so you assessed my whole character based on one remark i made...then you say you've been a lurker for awhile now and because of that you determined my profile to be of a "know it all"....last i checked, non contributing members/lurkers have limited access to certain areas of this forum....however, you are right,  high number posts don't mean squat...but when you state i'm always referring to disagreed points as "RETARDED" or "DUMB", the least you can do is back that accusation by listing the many other times i've been quoted making those remarks.
further more, comparing me to an idiot on the river without ever having met or had direct conversation with me shows your own lack of character.

by the way, high number posts also means participation, whether for better or worse... at least it's better than being a leech.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:02:55 PM by blaydRnr »

Fish Slayer

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »

I don't feel like contributing further to side tracking this thread if you would like to continue I believe my email is in my profile...