Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: online licensing  (Read 1630 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
online licensing
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:27:18 PM »

I'm too busy (and I suppose lazy) now to check.  Does anyone know if online licensing is available to out of country folks.  I'll be in BC in a couple weeks and it would be really nice to purchase a license in advance.  If so, do you know if the license is then mailed or is it something I need to print out?  thanks for your help. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: online licensing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:15:03 PM »

Online licensing (both fresh and saltwater) is available to non-residents as well.

Freshwater online licensing: http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca

Saltwater online licensing: http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/elic/index.cfm?lang=en&StopCookieTest=1

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »

Thanks Rod.

tooler91

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »

I am from WA state. I bought mine online this year. I think it was $115, and that included your fish conservation stamp for keeping fish.

You will need to go online and establish an electronic ID and create a password. BE SURE AND WRITE THIS NUMBER AND PASSWORD DOWN!!!
Once that is done, you can get online and buy and print your license. Don't be surprised if the actual purchase transaction takes a little while. The BC server is a little slow.

Nice thing about buying your license online is that if you ever lose your license, you can log back on with your ID and password and reprint it. I have already reprinted mine once after the wife thought it was trash and tossed it.

Hope this helps.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »

The credit card transaction process time does not only seem slow if you are purchasing from outside of BC. I just made a purchase last week and it was quite slow (from Richmond) as well. For those who are purchasing, just don't close the browser and thinking that it is not loading, it's just taking its time to process.