Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stamp River Access Loss  (Read 3288 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Stamp River Access Loss
« on: January 17, 2005, 05:12:45 PM »

In yet another case of a few bad actors ruining things for everyone else, it was announced in today's paper that access to the airport side of the Stamp Falls and the Slide Pool has been irevokeably lost  :'(  It appears the Regional District and Dolan's have had more than enough of the gravel and wood pirates, and a HUGE GATE is being installed nearly immediately barring all access! Right SUCKS it has to be that access! Apparently, a new map, indicated the route for a 2.5 Kilometer hike through the tree farm will be available at Gone Fishin' soon. Not for me though. I'll fondly remember the fishery that was, but it's damn unlikely I'll hike 2.5 clicks to START wetting a line! Damn THEIVES ought to be drawn and quartered!  >:(

Not so Happy 'bout that particular piece of news...
Nog

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Stamp River Access Loss
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:39:18 PM »

That sucks Matt. First it was Swansons.....  :(

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 06:30:17 PM »

Yeah, sucks alright. And now consider the ramifications: Concentrating all access through a singular point on the other side, and shifting a lot more focus to the Shingle Mill where the owner's nearly completely fed up with anglers, and considering shutting that one down too (can't say as I blame him in light of the theft, vandalism, garbage dumping and more he's had to endure the last couple of years!) All in all, a rather sad  and unfortunate day  :'(

Nog

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 12:39:40 AM »

the one time i fished the stamp i couldnt really find anywhere good to fish river was to big and shallow we i wound up? i was up near the stamp falls and fish way? man u could shure see them in the ladder though