Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dollies and kids  (Read 2377 times)

nobucks

• I'm a llama!
Dollies and kids
« on: January 17, 2005, 08:21:00 AM »

If I was to take my boys to chillawack lake and fish for dollies,what would be the required gear and technic.Boat,no boat.Roe,fly,spinner?My luck with coho fishing was poor and kids get dissapointed.It's hard to keep up your enthusiasm if you keep getting skunked.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Re: Dollies and kids
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 11:24:43 AM »

If your luck was poor for Coho, you might want to recocider Chill Lake. Kids like fast action. I don't know when you want to take them, but if time permits you would be better off waiting intill the water warm up. Cold water = sluggish fish. Also Dad you might consider a compromise and try a more kid freindly species. The Crappies in Wonnock Lake for one. I know of some great Kid lakes in the Cariboo where your kids could have a good chance at 30 to 50 fish days, fishing for pansize rainbow on the worm, but trout producers of that quality here are rare unless you want to pay. So take the kid to Wonnock any where from May through Sep. Bring home everybodies limit of Crappie (you will need that many to make a good meal out of them) and the kids will be telling everyone what a master angler Dad is. My two cents as a Father, Mentor, and Angling Instructor.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"