Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be attending the third annual Trophy Hunter Steelhead Derby?

Yes!
- 36 (51.4%)
No.
- 34 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Trophy Hunter Steelhead Derby  (Read 37662 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: 3rd Annual Trophy Hunter Steelhead Derby
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »

I like the idea of some flyfishing prizes in the mix, having something flyfishers want to win means more entries, and more money raised for the cause...

That being said, it will be a freaking miracle if a flyrod catches a steel on that day anyway ;)

Er wait, they just floss anyway, so realistically, flyfishers should catch the bulk of the fish...  ;D  Just kidding!

Women should be treated like one of the guys... A junior prize for under 16 would be nice!

Cheers,
Nicole

That is a great idea Nicole. I too think there should be a junior prize, if this  junior division goes ahead I will see what I can do for a prize.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »

I'll come if there's any cleaning supplies to be won.... ;D
http://

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »

ill bring my moms swiffer wet jet.. :P she doesn't use it anymore wont even know its missing.... ::)
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

gotfish

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 05:53:21 PM »

I will be there !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »

I guess I must of missed it but where exactly is the money going this year?

Oh yeah, I will bring the buns and bowls for the chilli.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 08:02:33 PM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

4x4

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 01:13:03 PM »

Rick (TH),

Do you have any drop off points for your prizes? Reaction, Fred's... Might be an easier way than sending it to North Van for some people.

Dennis

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »

Rick (TH),

Do you have any drop off points for your prizes? Reaction, Fred's... Might be an easier way than sending it to North Van for some people.

Dennis

All prizes can be dropped off at Reaction, just make sure it is labeled with my name on it and prefferably leave it with Darryl if he is there

cheers Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

nosey

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 04:35:36 PM »

Are there going to be any provisions for  pre payment and registration this year or will everyone marshall up at Reaction same as last?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »

Are there going to be any provisions for  pre payment and registration this year or will everyone marshall up at Reaction same as last?

I am working on distributing the tickets throughout the lower mainland right now, hopefully by next week monday there will be tickets available at 5-6 tackle shops from N Van to Chilliwack, tickets will also be available to purchase at Reaction between 6:30 am and 8 am derby day...... every ticket that is purchased has to be registered at Reaction on derby day

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »

So after a lot of concideration and discussion we have found ourselves a very worthy cause to donate the proceeds of our derby to.
Kids in the Nest provides not only a fantastic educational tool to thousands of people worldwide, but they also provide us,  the fishermen a great tool which can show us up to date conditions and water levels and just plain entertain us !!!

This money we donate will make a big difference, maybe even make it so they can stay online period !! I spoke with the lady in charge today, her name is Charlie Hilliard and she is a fantastic lady with an amazing vision !!

I personallly am very proud that we fishermen are going to be able to make such a big difference and have a great time to boot !!!

I hope that everybody entering this years derby is as excited as me for what we will be able to accomplish !!

Tickets are available today at Searun Tackle,Riverside Tackle and Highwater Tackle.... there are three more tackle shops that will also be selling tickets as soon as I have time to get to them. All of these shops have also told me they will make prize donations, as soon as I find out what they are they will be posted on this thread

This is going to be a huge success and I can't wait till Feb 15th !!!!

TH
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 11:00:11 AM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »

Good to hear Rick,the kids in the nest is a great idea ,especially if the donation helps keep the cam running long term.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 12:24:21 PM »

Yes this is good to here Rick. I use this camera often and it will be nice to see it stay online providing an excellent educational tool for kids around the world.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »

Good to hear Rick. The webpage for the derby will go up the end of this week and we'll start promoting it heavily on the main section of the website then.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 10:38:12 PM »

A good organization to be donating the funds to as the river cam will be something people of all ages world wide will continue to enjoy.

I am sure the funds raised from the derby and donated will be much appreciated.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 11:04:10 PM »

I agree with Chris and many other's. The camera is a very viable tool that will be accessed and used worldwide and especially by us local fishermen. I know I certainly get excited when I check out the Chehalis camera and this will be every bit as good. Thank's again Rick for all
the hard work you've done to get this all together and I can't wait for Feb. 15th. It's going to be great.