Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sturgeon Oct 14  (Read 1416 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Sturgeon Oct 14
« on: October 15, 2006, 09:14:03 AM »

Back at it hit the river at 9:30 am ultra low tide back to the  hot spot 10 min after dropping the gear fish on good fighting 4 footer  ;D . Then about 30 min goes by another in the same size class is hooked no jumpers yet but another good 20 min battle . The fishing has yet to be non stop action in the section of river we have been pounding but no other boats just peace and quiet . The only sounds you hear are the Salmon splashing all around you and a few really big Sturgeon jumping and of course the clicker on the reel zinging as the monsters below the boat spools line . So we ended up hooking 7 good fish landed 4 lost one real monster and got this beauty 82 "  around 200 - 250 lbs it jumped clear outta the water and then we had to cut the anchor free and give chase at an alarming pace as it was spooling me 40 min battle unreal power this is why im hooked on Sturgeon fishing .
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:04:52 PM by legend »

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
Re: Sturgeon Oct 14
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:18:22 PM »

Wicked dino legend!!! :o
Please honey can i go fishing now???

legend

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »

Yeah it was worth getting soaked for that one up to my butt in the water  ;D . Going out this week may need a partner for one or two days as most of my fishing buddies are working .

legend

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 06:38:09 PM »

Wet happy and wanting a bigger Dino .

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

Hehe, if it was my first time seeing a "water creature"... I know I sure wouldn't wade up to my @$$ with that thing next to me ;D
Nice sturgeon Legend. I think I might get into some shore fishing this week.
Ide say im open for being a partner...but I have school! ::) ::) ;D

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 07:10:24 PM »

Legend your friend is my hero a cigar in every shot! nice fish right on. Makes me wana try this fishery more than ever.
[

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »

Legend give me a shout a day before, ill hook up with you for a day of sturgeon fishing. :)

legend

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »

Allright Dan will do mid week more than likely heading out for salmon tommorow need some Chum roe and fish to make jerky outta . The crowds should be thinned out at my spot and the rain im sure will turn on the salmon . Will post pics and report from my salmon adventure tommorow and update you on a day and time .

legend

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 08:38:51 PM »

;D yeah he smokes em like a chimney !!! Great guy to have out there and he's addicted was a Sturgeon virgin until this week very experienced fly fisherman from Penticton . He did a great job running the boat as we gave chase after that big one actually both days he ran the boat as were chasing and he did it like a true pro . The only reason the huge one got off on the 13 of Oct was the hook straightened out it was my stupidity that cost me a true trophy that day . Just before hooking a suspected 9 to 11 footer i had a snag I pulled so hard trying to break it off that the hook bent and  came free , instead of tying on a new one of my pre tied leaders I bent the hook back to it's original state with pliers  >:( DUMB move. I will never do that again . The one that got away on the 13 made the 82" sturgeon on the 14 feel small maybe half the weight and power we may of lost one of the biggest hooked on a line ever this is what keeps me going back . My biggest is 8 feet and i really want to hit the double digit club something over 10 feet would be great and it will happen in this lifetime . :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:40:26 PM by legend »