Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016/17 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 98652 times)

Jk47

Woke up this a.m. and looked at the forecast and figured today might be the only chance in the next few days to fish if the river blows out so I played hooky and drove out. Super clear up top still so I made my way down. Lost one in the afternoon and another angler just down from me bonked about a 6 lb hatch. Hopefully things heat up after some rain...tight lines

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Very heavy rain this afternoon, things could be tought tomorrow.

Jk47

Judging by the graph the water is prime. Van is packed for camping and I'm leaving for Chilliwack to spend night on river. Yeha gonna be a cold night!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Visibility around 2 feet when I looked a while ago. Snow level down low on the hills. Fishing very slow in the Lower from reports I was given.

Jk47

^^Same story^^ River conditions perfect, where's all the fish? Didn't see or hear of anything caught yesterday. Re-fuelling at Starbucks, hopefully today sees some fish

Jk47

Tough fishin. Another dolly today, about 5-6 lbs, that was it. Then I went float hunting for a bit as my stock was dwindling. A dne and a couple dinks and my day was complete.

bobby b

Went out for a few hours this aft. Water was pretty coloured in the lower and mid.... bit clearer higher up Hooked 2.... lost one and landed one....a 12-14lb wild doe!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:16:39 PM by bobby b »

dave c

Was out mid river yesterday not a sniff.  Water was getting pretty colored.  Didnt see one taken.  Speaking to several guys all are amazed at the lack of fish.  This should be prime time.  Been to several fishy looking runs the last few weeks and nothing.  Usually you see someone with a fish, not lately.

mkempe

I saw 1 landed and 3 lost Sunday. Additionally, a nice gentleman I fished next to at some point said he saw 5 hooked (including one for himself).
He showed me a pic of his wild buck. It was a beaut! Nothing for me, but my fishing buddy lost 2 out of the 3 I saw.

Birkenhead

Family friend will be in the Abbotsford area on Monday for week and he would like to fish the Vedder but is recovering from right knee surgery a couple of months back so his mobility is still a bit limited.

I don't fish the Vedder but was looking on Google Maps and see that either the Vedder Crossing or the Keith Wilson Bridge areas look fairly accessible for him? Or are there any areas that is any easy walk with no major river bank rock scrambling that he can fish?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Family friend will be in the Abbotsford area on Monday for week and he would like to fish the Vedder but is recovering from right knee surgery a couple of months back so his mobility is still a bit limited.

I don't fish the Vedder but was looking on Google Maps and see that either the Vedder Crossing or the Keith Wilson Bridge areas look fairly accessible for him? Or are there any areas that is any easy walk with no major river bank rock scrambling that he can fish?
Lickman Road parking lot area is easy to get to the river. The river I heard had poor visibility today.

Birkenhead

Lickman Road parking lot area is easy to get to the river. The river I heard had poor visibility today.

Thanks Chris, I'll pass onto my friend to also check out the Lickman Road area.

dobrolub

water levels are increasing rapidly

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

water was around a foot vis today. super quite, hardly any anglers. no fish for me.

t.wiebe

Very quiet on the lower this evening, got a healthy sized bull trout on the starvation stick.