Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: theft season  (Read 1283 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
theft season
« on: September 10, 2006, 01:39:13 PM »

Hey all,
One of the thing I always read about in October/November is about a rash of cars being broken into.  I am aways very nervous about this and have forgone fishing some holes because it looks like my truck would be an easy target.  I hate seeing broken glass in the lots and can only thank my lucky stars it hasn't happened to me yet.  Before it starts happening again this year, maybe someone could contact the local law enforcement agencies and raise their awareness that the season is about to start up again.  Hopefully, if we're all vigilant about it from the start, some of these turkeys will get caught and crime will go down.

small_fish

• Hi!
Re: theft season
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

My dads van got broken into last year around january. He took my soccer bag and the spear money in the front of the car.
We saw him walking with my bag to the sky train, this guy was big so my dad was scared if he might of a knife or somthing. So we drove to the other side of the skytrain station and told the 3 sercuity guards on duty. And they caught him and i got my cleats and uniform back  :) Scary moment though

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 04:15:27 PM »

The authorities are fully aware of the breakins. Due to staffing shortage there is very little they can do. Best if you take some proactive action. Don't leave anything of value in the open. Park in a very visible area.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 06:23:36 PM »

I'm thinking its time to start posting watch's. I talked to my buddies about this, leave one guy in the truck or bushes for an hour each, would kind of suck until you caught someone trying to break in...then,,,We'll lets just say "FOUR" ;)