Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis Steelhead  (Read 3160 times)

Sylus

Chehalis Steelhead
« on: September 29, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »

Hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some of the details of steelheading on the chehalis, like access and good lures helpful tips, any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers Sylus
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

nickredway

• Old Timer
Re: Chehalis Steelhead
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »

Any standard Steelhead baits or lures are going to work, roe / bags, jigs, pink worms, blades, spoons etc, small presentations can work good as the water is often gin clear. Access is difficult, you really have to look at the map, speak to takle shop guys etc and put in a lot of time up there; always take someone with you as access is often treacherous and out of cell phone range. You can shorten this process by making a friend of someone who fishes it often. The best way to do this is to go and put some time in fishing it and meet people, eventually you'll find some good spots of your own, or glean a bit of information from a regular up there, the worst way is to post about it on here where thousands of lurkers are potentially reading. People are generally not willing to give up spots face to face and about a million times less so on the internet. Not trying to the "that guy" just speaking from personal experience.
Cheers,
Nick

Sylus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »

thanks, yeah i wasn't asking for any secret spots or anything like that just some general info like how to get there driving wise, and as for finding the honey holes of the river there is no substitute for time on the river which doesn't bother me  :)
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »

Sent you a PM.