Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Rice Lake June 28th Report  (Read 1947 times)

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
Quick Rice Lake June 28th Report
« on: June 29, 2004, 08:50:50 PM »

Was fly fishing Rice Lake yesterday 6-9 PM.  Hooked a nice one, which got away.  Also got a solid bite after that.   Was using a greenish Caddis Wet Fly (don't know the exact type) with a built-in bead.   Fishing off the pier.

Nothing rising (too hot?) but plenty of action down deep.  A worm fisher next to me had some nice nibbling too.

Heard a guy caught 26 fish that day, put them all in his freezer, and was taken away by the authorities.... :(

« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 09:02:00 PM by Rodney »

otto

Re:Quick Rice Lake Report
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 09:03:21 PM »

WHAT????? where was the guy fishing from?? because i thought that the last couple of nights i had seen someone stay really late (1200 am onwards) at the NE side of the lake......... >:( >:(

FlyNut

• I'm a llama!
Re:Quick Rice Lake June 28th Report
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 09:47:27 PM »

Have no idea.  Heard from another fisherman.

SC

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »

Did you hear of any empty vodka bottles in the area were this occured. If so I think I might have an idea who it was! Or an old pair of white winter boots? Oh but they are good trail blazing boots when it is hard to find your own spot to fish you know, he's probally still wearing them even in this heat. Anyways if your ever fishing rice with a buddy perhaps you caught a few, and your calling it a day be careful some crazy guy doesn't come storming in and just about knock ya in the water without any regard! You'd almost rather run into a bear cause a bear has more class! Sorry inside joke...    ;)

otto

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 01:01:49 AM »

SC... gotcha on the inside joke  ;D , is this the guy that was living in the woods near rice lake? or the guy that was coming in the morning and taking over his limit, and then returning late at night and taking more???  seems to me i have seen hatchery trout crop up recently at several resturants.... >:( >:(

i think its time i started hiding in the woods again, with a video camera and camo clothes......just like last year with the rice lake poacher that was busted!!!   >:(

SC

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 01:28:16 AM »

I just sent ya a PM :-X regarding this dude.

otto

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 01:33:09 AM »

gotcha, thanks!!!  8)

FishKid

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 07:14:43 PM »

I hate it when I see someone taking fish over the limit.  Usually I try to report them if I have a phone near me.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 07:15:42 PM by Robert »

spring_killer

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 11:49:30 PM »

I agree with Robert. Why catch more than you are allowed? When you can always come back and catch more if the fishing is productive  >:( >:(