Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Robert at the cap on june 21, 2004  (Read 2156 times)

FishKid

Robert at the cap on june 21, 2004
« on: June 22, 2004, 04:10:49 PM »

This report is late because I was dead tired after waking up at 3:00 am to go to the cap for the past couple of days.  So today I decided to stay home and rest and try the cap when the sun is going down.

Fished the cap yesterday with a friend at first light.  We fished cable pool with ghost shrimps and I had one nice coho on, in the 3 pound range, but unfortunately lost it.  This coho was spunky it was jumping all over the place.  Even though I lost it, I enjoyed the feeling of having a coho at the end of my line because it's been 2 or 3 weeks since the last time I've had some coho action at the cap.  The cap is weird so are the fish, one week you get a few fish and then you get skunked for the next week or so.  After fishing the upper portion of the river I decided to head down to the mouth of the cap.

Upon my arrival at the mouth I see a school of coho's on the surface in their V-formation.  I sarted casting to the sides of them on top of them, but they wouldn't bite. so I gave up on fishing for the day and decided to sit on one of the park benches to soak up the beauty of mother nature.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 04:17:03 PM by Robert »

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
Re:Robert at the cap on june 21, 2004
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 08:22:20 PM »

Nice report Robert. I had a couple on today too but I had problems keeping them on my line.  They're subtle biters and before ya know it they've spit the hook.

Randog

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:56:40 PM »

Just do what Norm does, use barbed hooks, that seems to keep them on.

Question, if you crimp down the barb on a treble hook, does that mean your using a single barbless hook? ;D ??? ::)

_Ivan_

• Fish for life. <*)))))>(
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 12:09:42 AM »

i never heard that before now i wounder if its true??????
"Damn coho they're hard to catch." <*)))))>(

spring_killer

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 12:00:12 AM »

I am not sure. It varies  ???

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 12:37:46 AM »

That is one scarey pic Rosco P. COPOtrane, hard on the eye's too.  8)

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 11:10:37 AM »

A treble hook and a single hook are different, it refers to the number of points that a hook has, and in the case of a treble hook, it has 3 and doesn't count as a single hook, even if you do take the barbs off of it.

Although, if the regs say that a "single barbless hook" is required, that does not limit the number of "single hooks" in the lure, that's why tandem hook rigs are permitted.

I hope that that clears things up a bit.  :)
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote