Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 144155 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It was coloring up when I was there at dark but was hanging on which was surprising due to the heavy rain and wind we experienced for part of the day The rain has now stopped so we may be lucky and see a fishable day tomorrow but if it is not don't beat on me too much. ;D ;D

milo

• Old Timer

Well, I'll be there tomorrow at first light, Chris.
It better hold up...or else! ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Well, I'll be there tomorrow at first light, Chris.
It better hold up...or else! ;)
You can always go to Cookies for breaky and wait for it to clear up. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It was coloring up when I was there at dark but was hanging on which was surprising due to the heavy rain and wind we experienced for part of the day The rain has now stopped so we may be lucky and see a fishable day tomorrow but if it is not don't beat on me too much. ;D ;D
I am a little concerned about the river conditions now as the temperature warmed up overnight and I see there was a jump in the gauge at Slesse, was there snow melt because of this and the strong melting warm winds? Its you call now, should you go back to bed or take the gamble? :-\ Just noticed the stars are shinning and it is 10 degrees.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:36:57 AM by chris gadsden »

CohoKiller5

im going to be there today pounding on those little bastards!

8 coho on yesterday, 5 landed :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just got back from a look at the river after putting up elections signs early this morning. Visibility is about two feet in the lower reaches. Saw some fresh chum being hauled in. ::)

I made a few feeble casts and came home for a nap.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Just got back from a look at the river after putting up elections signs early this morning. Visibility is about two feet in the lower reaches. Saw some fresh chum being hauled in. ::)

Election was on Oct. 14th  ;D ;D

milo

• Old Timer

River was clearing up as i left in the evening.
Should be good tomorrow.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

Municipal elections

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Municipal elections
Yes and I have 200 to put up by Nov.15.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were good this am but it was chum salmon city so after 30 minutes of fishing time I went for coffee with Terry and then home for a nap. I was scared to go to Milo's secret spot. ;D ;D Enjoyed fishing beside and meeting PK from Fish BC at the run.

Coho salmon fishing is over, for me anyway, time to take up the scattergun. I wonder if there is any ducks in Milo's pond. ;D ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Coho fishing over ???  Every year that I have fished the vedder, whether the return was low or not, the bulk of the run is showed up in mid October, which is right about now.  Some reports from this weekend would lend to this as well. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Well you know when the Master had trouble catching them when I talked to him a week ago the run must be pretty poor.

River was good shape water wise tonight at dark and I saw a number people packing out limits of clean hen chum salmon while I was cleaning up the Diving Board beach. Saw no coho in the mix. ;D ;D

kingpin

• Old Timer

i think its time to bring out the flossing ducks eh chris  ;D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

i think its time to bring out the flossing ducks eh chris  ;D
Yes with the coho season over its the time. Made the first trip tonight, one shot, one mallard. Let the rains begin until the steelhead season starts in a few weeks. ;D ;D