Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 144162 times)

ffonly

• the truth is out there...

6" Visibility or so and probably up a foot or two. Has been sunny since the morning so might be in better shape for tomorrow.
There is a tall church across the street from the statue

with crosses, steeples, bells and a vast door that looks like

a huge mousehole, perhaps from a Tom and Jerry cartoon,

and written above the door is "Per L'Universo."

Around five o'clock in the afternoon of my cover for

Trout Fishing in America, people gather in the park across

the street from the church and they are hungry.

It's sandwich time for the poor.

But they cannot cross the street until the signal is given.

Then they all run across the street to the church and get

their sandwiches that are wrapped in newspaper.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

As others have said the river was unfishable to start but of course the long lining crews were doing their thing. ??? ::)

I chased down a good number of floats ;D and when I left it had improved some, maybe 10 inches. Just looked again and it is still improving and dropping. I think it should be OK by tomorrow at the latest if the current trend continues.

gman

Thanks for all the reports on conditions. You certainly appreciate it when you live in Richmond, and don't want to waste one of your few days fishing on a blown river.
I'll give it a try tomorrow!  :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks for all the reports on conditions. You certainly appreciate it when you live in Richmond, and don't want to waste one of your few days fishing on a blown river.
I'll give it a try tomorrow!  :)
I will try to check it before dark, maybe make a cast or two too. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were favorable this evening with chum moving through everywhere, they were so thick I caught one in the hinge and another in some other part of the body. ::) ??? Broke the latter off and was so disgusted did not tie up again

Instead checked a log jam and got 2 DNE, 2 foam and a nice drennan which made me feel a bit better.

Tomorrow should see good conditions as cool temperatures are being called for. The questions will be can one find some coho?

adamsslayer

anyone know the water levels upper river? like at the slab?

kingpin

• Old Timer

river was ugly when i was leaving for work.... didnt return home til late but its nice to hear its dropping. by the way congrats to chuck strahl  on his re-election :)
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Temperature very cool this morning, near 0 so the river should be looking good.

Froodogga

An updated river condition report would be appreciated if possible sometime by the end of the day.  Thinking about driving out tomorrow morning but with the rain I'm not sure it'll be fishable.  Long drive from town out there for me...Thanks kindly.   :)

ffonly

• the truth is out there...

Well haven't seen the river today but considering it's been pretty much dry since yesterday and the river was in great shape you should be good for tomorrow. Of course if we get some major rain tonight then it could get ugly pretty quick depending on how much falls.
There is a tall church across the street from the statue

with crosses, steeples, bells and a vast door that looks like

a huge mousehole, perhaps from a Tom and Jerry cartoon,

and written above the door is "Per L'Universo."

Around five o'clock in the afternoon of my cover for

Trout Fishing in America, people gather in the park across

the street from the church and they are hungry.

It's sandwich time for the poor.

But they cannot cross the street until the signal is given.

Then they all run across the street to the church and get

their sandwiches that are wrapped in newspaper.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

An updated river condition report would be appreciated if possible sometime by the end of the day.  Thinking about driving out tomorrow morning but with the rain I'm not sure it'll be fishable.  Long drive from town out there for me...Thanks kindly.   :)
Good shape this morning but like you say it will depend on how much rain we get tonight on how it wll be in the am tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Not much rain overnight by the look of it, the river SHOULD of held overnight, will have a boo this morning, I may take my rod along. ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Looks like the conditions were good today, chris is still out there. Im guessing he landed 2 cohos today.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Looks like the conditions were good today, chris is still out there. Im guessing he landed 2 cohos today.
Conditions were good today and had a great time fishing next to a forum member. He is supposed to file a report of his day later. No time for The Journal so will post a little here.
I had 9 chances with 3 landed including 2 nice fresh chum and around a 15 pound silver chinook that went home in the burlap sack. This is when I thought the chinooks were finished for the year.
Rod may post the picture of the chinook here later.

Raining hard now and I will check the river shortly and report back later for you.

adriaticum

• Old Timer

You da man!