Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 144161 times)

Nitram4891

I'm going tomorrow with my dad.  He went for three days a couple of weeks ago with no luck.  I think he has the gear and setup right but just hasn't had any hookups.  Do they have any roe available at Fred's and what should I buy?  I just flew in from Atlanta GA and tomorrow is my only day fishing so any help to get us started would be great!  Also I read that the more you move the better, we plan on walking a lot but whats a good starting point along the river?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:59:28 PM by Nitram4891 »

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I'm going tomorrow with my dad.  He went for three days a couple of weeks ago with no luck.  I think he has the gear and setup right but just hasn't had any hookups.  Do they have any roe available at Fred's and what should I buy?  I just flew in from Atlanta GA and tomorrow is my only day fishing so any help to get us started would be great!  Also I read that the more you move the better, we plan on walking a lot but whats a good starting point along the river?
If you plan on doing a bunch of walking, fish the upper river where you do not see to many cars. Youll get a bunch of river to yourself, and still find the fish.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 04:12:46 PM by BigFisher »
The Bigger The Better!

Nitram4891

Thanks for the help!  What other baits can you use other than roe?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Both Fred's and Chilliwack Dart and Tackle had some. Sometimes it can be a bit wet so after to get it mix it with some borax to dry it out overnight. PM me later tonight if you need and more help.

CohoKiller5

Well ill be out tomorrow with my uncles and my dad and my buddy as the Haviland Coho derby begins.  I am the champion two years running now so i have to defend!!

Hopefully coho will be hooked!  The river conditions seem to be holding well.  I have 9 days off work now in a row so i will be out there everyday i can!

Nitram4891

I was there on Saturday for the first time ever.  Hooked and caugt my first salmon ever, chinook, at lickman rd.  My dad broke off a chum there and then we went to Allison Pool where I broke off  what looked like a chinook and caught another 11lb chinook.  Everthing was caugt on a pink wool pre tied from Fred's.  What an amazing river, amazing fish, and we even saw a good size black bear cross the road while driving back on chilliwack lake rd.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Have had some heavy rain today along with some wind, both have decreased some now. I checked the river just at dark and I can see it was changing color. From what I saw when cleaning up the Diving Board beach this morning fishing was slow. It was nice to see the beach fairly clean, more tins that people had left for me. ;D

Was a pleasure to meet some anglers from the forum today. I fished The Bell for 20 minutes and had one take when I was looking away talking to Chad. I checked out another run for 20 minutes also and barbed, lost and missed a fish. If the river holds maybe there will be a coho there in the am.

Found a few floats in my travels, 3 DNE and a nice Maple Leaf Drennan 11 gm, will be useful when we start cashing cutty sharks soon.

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard

full moon tonight, should be good fishin tommorow

robj

full moon tonight, should be good fishin tommorow

I sure hope you are right.  Will be there bright and early tommorrow a.m.

Every Day

• Old Timer

From what I saw when cleaning up the Diving Board beach this morning fishing was slow.

Wasn;t slow at all, just had to get away from the crowds  ;)
Water was perfect when I left at 2:30.. but started raining heavily soon after I left right till around 7:30-8:00. Im assuming that is gonna bring the river up a few inches at least and probably give it some colour. Suppose to be nice tomorrow so maybe a good week ahead  ;)

Every Day

• Old Timer

10:56 right now.....
Within the last half hour we must have gotten at least 1, probably 2 inches of rain in Chilliwack, my street was flooding right over onto the sidewalks (rain was bouncing a couple inches off the pavement). Still raining very hard right now, I doubt the river will be in any type of fishable shape tomorrow.  :'(

kingpin

• Old Timer

didnt stop raining til about a half  hour ago... i bet high and brown in the morning
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

gman

Just checked and the gauge is up pretty high this morning. Any reports of conidtions this morning would be appreciated. I was thinking of making it my first day out to the Vedder but.... now may go to work...  :(
Maybe tomorrow... :-\

adamsslayer

water is verrrrrrry high  up about 2-3 feet from yesterday   lo vis   should be good in the coming weeks :) :)

Froodogga

Perhaps the Chehalis will be good for a day or two now with all that rain we just had.  Vedder be good again in 2-3 days... :D