Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 144161 times)

Tomas

fishing sucked today ;D

I got my first ever salmon today 20lb Spring and it didn't suck for me. I also lost probably another 5-6 pieces. Guy next to me landed probably 6-7 chums. I had a lovely day at a river. Everything is relative.

Thanks to all helping me to prepare properly. This is one of the best forums I've ever participated in.

Tomas
---
Tomas

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Thats is awesome! Now I dont have to walk down to the river to watch the crazy gong show.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

http://kidsinthenest.com/RiverCam.html

Holy crap!  Where is that shooting from, Rod?  Too cool.

Nevermind - just figured it out.  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 08:52:09 AM by Tex »

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

http://kidsinthenest.com/RiverCam.html

Holy crap!  Where is that shooting from, Rod?  Too cool.  :D

And now the camera is moving around and shooting different stretches of the river.  LOL  Awesome!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I barely ever go to this area of the river, but it looks like its being shot from the selesse trailer park area.
The Bigger The Better!

one more cast

Nitram4891

Cam is good but keep on coming with the reports!

Oliver

Yes I agree--cool cam but the short reports are very helpful

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

It wasn't a suggestion that the updates are no longer needed when I provided the link to the new river cam. The river cam only provides satifactory river level condition, the colour is not good enough to see the water clarity, so daily updates from members are still needed.

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard

I barely ever go to this area of the river, but it looks like its being shot from the selesse trailer park area.

agreed

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

It wasn't a suggestion that the updates are no longer needed when I provided the link to the new river cam. The river cam only provides satifactory river level condition, the colour is not good enough to see the water clarity, so daily updates from members are still needed.
Was only kidding, conditions were good today so was the fishing but the bite was short lived. ;D ;D

Froodogga

I'll post this here as I can't post on the fishing report forums yet   ;).  Hit the river up from the vedder crossing about 10am yesterday morning.  Started off with a colorado blade (silver and green) and almost immediately hooked up with a chum.  He took me downriver hard and into the rapids and that was that, I had to break him off (losing my blade in the process).  I then tried red wool and hooked into a spring within the next 30 minutes.  Same result as with the chum (silly 10lb leeder).  After that I threw everything but the kitchen sink at that run without any further hookups.  I tried roe, more blades, every colour of wool imaginable, even lengthened my leeder to 4 feet from the usual 2 feet (shame on me)...I fished to dusk.  I did, however, get 6 hours of casting practice in.  A few guys came and left throughout the day but none of them had much success either.  Lots of fish surfacing and rolling, but nothing taking.  The water conditions were perfect yesterday too.  Still waiting for the regular 8-10 hookup days to arrive.  Soon, I hope... 8) 

maverick

I like it (the camera that is), I'm curious has anyone seen someone catch a fish while checking out the view.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 01:54:18 PM by maverick »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Today was very slow in our neck of the woods, barbed three and that was it. Talked to others the same observations

This is what happens when we get rain and the river jumps in elevation. The fish move through quickly and are more interested in getting to the spawning grounds and finding a mate than biting. When the river drops a bit more things should pick up some. Don't get discouraged if you see the long liners getting them but their success rate should have diminished too as the fish should not be holed up as much in the areas they do their work.

O and by the way those that did the rain dance a few days ago should have to fish with a Maple Leaf logo as punishment on their float. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:30:01 PM by chris gadsden »

Every Day

• Old Timer

Chris I ended up landing 2.... including a clean jack after you left  ;)  The fish are there... they seem to be rolling everywhere but it is very difficult to get them to bite. Visibility is about 3 feet and water is starting to drop fast. Hooked 2 fish on roe, and 2 on colorado blade (size 2 in silver) and missed 3 more hits that were very fast. Only saw around 12 other fish hooked the time I was out (8-1:30) and 8 of those were at the embutment snagging hole... The seagulls got to the roe before I did  :'(  ::)

Good Luck everyone  ;)