Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Losing Fishing Rods, Have You?  (Read 5090 times)

ColinB

Re: Losing Fishing Rods, Have You?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 03:52:12 AM »

A friend of mine lost his rod and reel overboard on a 1500 acre reservoir.  He and his boat partner spent a hour or so dragging the area [50' deep] to no avail.
He was out again the next day and well away from the area the rod was lost in when his partner dredged up the lost rod, hooked neatly in the top rod ring?? ??? ???

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 07:15:16 AM »

I've left my rod on the shore after helpin' a fellow load his aluminum boat... returned the next day and there it was.....now I have a routine...if I'm packin' up to leave the lake I'll not be very good company till I'm done...not rude....just bizzy...I have a routine and I stick with it...after I'm all loaded up a beer and a chat is more than welcomed...get a routine and stick with it!!!

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

scute

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 02:38:57 PM »

Found fly set up at small interior lake launch.Was returned to owner 2 days later ;when offered reward refused but ended up with priceless advice on lake and"secret" selection of flies "priceless" ;D

3/16ths

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »

I just about had a heart attack this weekend.  My buddy and I fished a spot on the upper river.  I had my backpack with me.  Its a custom made Kifaru (pricey) and contained my HD Camcorder and my Simms wading jacket.  I took the backpack off and placed it on the bank behind me.  Nothing was biting so we split and drove back into town to check out centerpins at Dart and Tackle.  Only after I got back in the car did I realize I left it.  That fact, and the fact that there was numerous people around just about made me physically ill.  I made it back to the hole in about 2.5 minutes (hope Chilliwack has no photo radar). 

The pack was right where I left it:)  From now on, once its on my back, it stays on my back.

Hugh

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 04:22:29 PM »

You're a lucky dude.

3/16ths

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 04:31:57 PM »

Tell me about it.  I should've bought a lottery ticket.

e36blue

• It's a dog's life...
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 05:25:01 PM »

I lost the tip on my sage z-axis when I got pushed into the weed beds with strong wind - my rod was in a holder but the tip and line dipped into the water and got pushed into the weeds and tangled. The wind blew us further away and when I tried to pull my rod out the end popped out :(

Luckily it was replacable by Sage.

BooBooBear

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 01:52:02 AM »

;)

Another item to always pack is a flash light...  Especially when you are having lots of fun and forget it is past dusk... These days - with the LED flashlights so cheap and small - using AA or AAA batteries - should not be a big deal leaving one in the back pack... and very handy if you just happen to drop your car keys on the rocks..:P

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 07:33:11 AM »

;)

Another item to always pack is a flash light...  Especially when you are having lots of fun and forget it is past dusk... These days - with the LED flashlights so cheap and small - using AA or AAA batteries - should not be a big deal leaving one in the back pack... and very handy if you just happen to drop your car keys on the rocks..:P

or you could mount working lights on the rear of your boatloader....turns night into day...;)))

mojo keepin' the dark at bay... ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley