Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: tradex show  (Read 6492 times)

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
tradex show
« on: March 04, 2005, 09:53:35 PM »

Just got back and it was probably the best and biggest in years.Saw a few members of FWR there.Sat on an outcast 8 ft pontoon....awesome deal for 399.00.Then i sat on 9ft model and....SOLD ;DHubs will even deliver it to my door next sat,what else could i ask for????Cant wait till i get to use it on the lakes and rivers 8)P.s.the 9 ft model was 599.99.well worth the extra stability for me. ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 09:55:08 PM by stryker 07 »
Please honey can i go fishing now???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: tradex show
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 10:40:23 PM »

It was good to meet a few members from FWR at the show tonight.

Thanks to the work of Rodney and Buckeye our display looks very good, be sure to check it out if you take in the show. A number of people that stopped by for a chat know of the work the Chilliwack/Vedder River Cleanup Coalition is doing so our message and program is getting well known. ;D

Thanks also to Chrome Mykiss, Steelhead King and Shane for doing the fly tying at the booth for a good part of the day.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »

I'll keep this brief as I just returned from the show, had been out there since 9:30am.

Big turnout as expected.

Today was the first day when we showcased our new display.

Bring the kids down tomorrow or Sunday, there are flies to tie, fish to see, rainbows to catch, guppies to race and the squirrel really waterskis!

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 08:18:01 AM »

Can't help but compare this show to the one in Cloverdale last week that featured fly fishing. The display in Cloverdale, in my opinion, pales in comparison....in fact there is no comparison. You get far more from the current Tradex displays both static and live. It probably will put an end to the Cloverdale effort that did its best to rip off the consumer. :-X
"One man of courage makes a majority"

stryker 07

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 09:27:52 AM »

my thoughts exactly Terry 8)

reach

• Yard work can wait.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 05:50:00 PM »

Are there any "must see" or "must avoid" seminars?  I'm going for the day tomorrow and would like to hit the highlights and avoid the wastes of time.   ;D

Thanks

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 10:54:53 PM »

Are there any "must see" or "must avoid" seminars?  I'm going for the day tomorrow and would like to hit the highlights and avoid the wastes of time.   ;D

Thanks

Just make sure you see the squirrel ;D Kinda makes you wanna get one of your own  :D All in all a good show, and all the better if you have lots of money to spend  :P

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 11:49:26 PM »

Day 2

As expected, DW and I were cranking them flies out for the kids throughout the entire day. Newsman and family also came out and helped out for a few hours. Newsman, a flyfishing instructor, drew a big crowd as he started tying.

The kids who came by also had a blast watching the waterskiing squirrel. I still haven't had a chance to check it out and remain skeptical.

If you swing by Islander Reels... ahem... Look at the displayed photos... There are two photos on the wall, look closely at who it is.... ;)

Talked to many today. If I forgot to list your name, my apology. Talked to Randog, Eskimo, Centerpin, Hung, Moosehunter, Racing Slug, Canoe Man, gumboots and many more... I'm sure I forgot someone. Anyways, thanks for dropping by.

Must see shows on Sunday:

Vic Carrao's fishing on Salmon and sturgeon at 4pm, look for freebies after the seminar. ;)

Gerry Kristianson has an interesting presentation on DFO Policy Issues Facing Saltwater Anglers at 11am and 2pm. Gerry is a fishery politician and those who are interested in what salmon do in saltwater would be interested in this presentation.

Twiggy the squirrel is waterskiing at 12pm, 2pm and 4pm.

Brian chan talks about chironomids fishing at 12:30pm and trout biology in stillwater at 3:30pm.

Kathy Ruddick does an entertaining flycasting seminar on roll casting at 11:30am and 3:30pm.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 12:22:37 AM »

Why is Kathy casting from the back of the truck ? Is she THAT short ?  ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 11:14:08 PM »

It's over, finally! I spent a total of 29 hours this weekend at the show. I think I will sleep well tonight. ;)

Chrome Mykiss, Itosh, Trout Slayer, Floon and Hoof put on a great flytying workshop today. They probably helped the kids tying up about 60 to 70 flies in total. Good stuff! Few of the more enthusiastic kids ended up tying more than one fly after they were taught the basic techniques.

Overall, I think the show was a great success and most visitors did not expect it to be this big.

Now it's the time for you to provide some feedbacks so they can be forwarded to the organizer, so we can make next year's show grander and better.

Parking was somewhat difficult, venue accomodation was one of the biggest problems before the show even started.

Anyways, photos etc coming next month on main page.

stryker 07

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 06:33:47 PM »

A big hats off to all that were involved in this years show.A tough job very well done 8)
Usually from past years it takes me 2-21/2 hrs to browse.not this year...almost 5 hrs and $800 bucks later i dragged my carcass out the doors only to drool some more over the line of river sleds outside.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 06:37:29 PM by stryker 07 »

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 06:49:30 PM »

Was a great event and well organized I might add. Was nice to volunteer into somthing like it. A)Both promoting the river clean up and B)Getting the youngsters involved.

A pic I took on my to get list.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 06:51:19 PM by Trout Slayer »

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 07:55:20 PM »

North River makes a nice boat all right, but some how the Custom Welds and the Duckworths seemed a bit more "Finished" the Thunderjets are awsome as well.

I'll keep saving my pop cans ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 09:35:38 PM »

I take the lack of feedbacks as an indication that there isn't a need for improvement? ;)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 10:01:52 PM »

More "booth babes"  ;D

Something like:

but with fishing, boating and hunting equipment  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 10:29:31 PM by DragonSpeed »