Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Total BS. (for lack of a better title)  (Read 6266 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Total BS. (for lack of a better title)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 07:27:11 PM »

force of habit i guess. If a dog doesn't look vicious the first thing i'd do is reach to pet it. I've been bit in the hand a few times but never broken the skin.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »

Sorry to hear about this Dion.  ???  Best wishes to your Dad, I hope that he recovers nicely from this.  I love Dogs, but common....  This one should be going to doggie downunder.  Let's us know how this shakes out in the end.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 08:05:22 PM »

Thats harsh that your dad had to go through that.He's just trying to go through his day and this slimeball pulls this over a buck!!I hope he recovers quickly. And I hope he hammers this butt sphinkter hard. >:(
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 09:04:34 PM »

I hope your dads okay ,what a GOOF for letting something like that happen his dog should be put down ,i  also have a dog and I'd never let him go after anyone like that cause i know with the type of dog i got he would be put down forsure.Some people don't realize that a dog is like having a gun in/++ the wrong hands alot of bad things can happen.

Hook Set

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 09:06:29 PM »

Thats terrible. I hope your dad gets better fast. What a jerk that guy sounds like. Hopefully he doesn't get away with it.

chromer101

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

sue the guy i agree scruffy but that is just wrong how the guy got worked up about just a few dollars hope your dad gets better

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 09:50:26 PM »

Unfortunately there is a law in B.C. that allow every dog one "free" bite.  So, if the dog has bitten someone before and it has been reported then your dad can sue the owner.  If the dog hasn't been written up before then the owner has to decide what he wants to do with dog.  Keep it and risk being sued over the next bite, or get rid of the dog in fear of future law suits.

but the owner is still responsible for damages. dog needs to be shot , what if that was a kid.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »

What a loser! I hope your father is ok, sue the guys @*$ for all he's got. That just crazy. And i've been bit before goin to pet dogs, no big deal. Stings then goes away.
Fish killer 101

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 10:29:35 PM »

Sorry to hear about what happened to your father. No excuses for this as the dog owner has to be responsible for his dog and have it under control. I am willing to bet this dog has received no obedience training, and that is a shame because all dogs big and small benefit immensely from obedience training. Hope your dad is successful in his claim against this person. And if the dog has to be put down so be it.

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »

I'm dumbfounded that someone would actually do that. I am also a dog lover myself but I agree that this dog NEEDS to be put down. A dog who attacks people for no good reason is likely to do it again. The  @!%@&^*&#^!&*^!^@&*!^##@ owner needs some serious repercussions. Anyways, hope your dad gets better.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 07:07:27 AM »

when ever you approach a strange dog....do so with a closed fist slowly approching the dogs nose...let 'em sniff yer fist...not your fingers.....if the dog is gonna hit ya..its usually at first contact...a closed fist is not only hard for the dog to apply jaw pressure to but it is also your first line of defence...more than once I've dinged a mutt who "looked" friendly but wasn't...and a nose hit sure slows a dog down...sorry to hear a couple bux instigated this event...hope your dad heals up fast.

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »

I agree about the closed fist and let the dog sniff your hand first. The dog may have thought there was a threat to the loser who dosen't seem to know his dog bites people. We have a gate by the front door so the dogs don't bite or urinate on people at the door. I delivered fliers as a kid and had a dog smash through a front window to get at me. I was wearing my hiking boots, not running shoes.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »

It seems to be a bad year for dogs, this year i've had three different dogs come after me while skateboarding because their owners are too stupid to put them on their leash, but anyways that guy is just like the owners of most dogs, doesn't care what their dog does.
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other