Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Total BS. (for lack of a better title)  (Read 6265 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Total BS. (for lack of a better title)
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »

I'll start off with a little background. My dad has a lawn matenience company, cutting lawns and stuff like that. The customer that i will speak of has been a client of my father's for over ten years. But definatly no longer.

So tuesday is "Surrey Day". As expected all the lawns are in surrey (less one that is in whiterock). The first cut of the day was at said customer's place. A few extra things had to be done so my dad brought an itemized invoice up to the door. The customer opened the door as my dad walked up the stairs and began to 'chew' out my dad about the new price of the lawn cutting. (one dollar more than the previous year to account for gas costs). When my dad finally convinces the man to pay he returns with the cash minus the GST. To which my dad replies "you forgot the GST", which led to another arguement. Finally the guy gets the rest of the cash and returns this time with his dog by his side. As the man counts out the money my dad pets the dog. They dog lunges at my dad and latches onto his mouth and nose. My dad pries the dog off having his hand bit in the process. Once the dog is off the owner pulls it back inside and slams the door shut while saying "Sorry my friend" as my dad knelt at the front porch dripping blood out his mouth and nose.

In my mind this is one of the most inhumane things i've every herd of happening to someone close to me. My dad had to go to a clinic to get stiches and antibiotics. He has also filed a police report and called the SPCA. He missed the rest of the day and had to pay his workers while he was in the clinic. My dad loves dogs but he wants to do all he can to have this one put down before this happens to someone more fragile, like a young child.

There isn't much point to this post other than to rant about how arrogant and self-centered some people can be. But to leave someone pouring blood on your doorstep without help and barely an appology has still left me wondering how inhumane some people can actually be.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Re: Total BS. (for lack of a better title)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

Certainly reporting the incident to the SPCA is the best bet.  Speedy recovery wishes to your dad as well with no ill side effects.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »

Yah there are people like that out there. Too bad but it happens. I hope your Dad told the guy to find a new lawn service.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 09:00:09 PM »

The guy is a complete jerk. Can't help but think his bringing out the dog seems like an intimidation tactic. Good on your dad for reporting it to the SPCA and the police. I would send the jerk the medical bills.

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 09:06:08 PM »

That is absolutely rotten !!!! >:(. The fact that a: the guy was a good standing customer and treated your dad that way is inexcusable by itself, b: he slams the door in his bleeding face after his dog (pit bull?/rottie?/Sheppard?) bites his nose off is quite another matter altogether. The dog MUST be put down.Any dog or pet that shows aggressive tendencies like that cannot be around people at all. Just like you said, what if that was a child who had their face bitten ? A lawsuit might be in order as well seeing the circumstances. The way he treated you guys warrants more than a "I'm sorry'. Stick it to the scumbag !

CandT
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:10:43 PM »

Sorry to hear about the attack and I agree that your Dad needs to get a lawyer and go after the guy.

oldtimehockey

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:26:10 PM »

Unfortunately there is a law in B.C. that allow every dog one "free" bite.  So, if the dog has bitten someone before and it has been reported then your dad can sue the owner.  If the dog hasn't been written up before then the owner has to decide what he wants to do with dog.  Keep it and risk being sued over the next bite, or get rid of the dog in fear of future law suits.
"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father"
-Greg Norman

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 09:40:26 PM »

File a complaint with the rcmp and they will follow up on it.

4StarGeneral

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »

Hmm that is not good, I to would file a report with the RCMP.

Then head down to your Local Home Depot and buy a huge supply of weed and grass killer............... ;D

gheart008

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

He should have dialed 911 right there and then and got the police involved, showing up right at that guy's door.  That's just messed up.

Lumps

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

Karma dude, he'll get his one day!
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 11:11:40 AM »

Like i said my dad wants the dog put down. And yes he plans on getting our lawyer to send a letter to the guy. He also told me he thought it was an intimidation act that backfired because my dad wasn't afraid of dogs. As for the breed of dog my dad said that when it was a pup (5-6yrs ago) it looked like a dalmation but now it has lost it's spots and is a lot smaller than a dalmation should be. So it is some mutt cross.

charles

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

Best wish to your father...

I would gather all the information you can... record the time, date, and such...  get all the bills, missing work, since your dad works with his hands doing lawn and all, you can claim those as well, and you can also sue for pain and suffering as well as the scare the wound left behind.

Just make sure your doucment all the information well, and you should have a solid case...

charles

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 11:29:28 AM »

forgot to add the police report too...

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »

As the man counts out the money my dad pets the dog. They dog lunges at my dad and latches onto his mouth and nose.

Sorry man, why did your dad reach out and pet a dog he knew nothing about?
The dog should be taken to the SPCA and the owner should be put down.