Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Divorced to fish more?  (Read 7564 times)

fishyfish

Divorced to fish more?
« on: September 16, 2007, 03:39:33 PM »

Has anybody gotten divorced because of the inability to go fishing? I sometimes get out once a week but most often once every two to three weeks. Was it worth it ( to get divorced)? Can not see being able to get out more for another ten years. Would take a HUGE hit financially though. What are your thoughts?

Flycastin

Re: Divorced to fish more?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 04:13:35 PM »

Why, does your wife actually have you chained to the house? If you can't get out fishing cause SHE says so, you've married the wrong woman. And there are lots of those types out there. Controlling little weasles. Just give them the Credit card to go shoe shopping and when they have their back turned, high tail it to the local flow. Or fake your own death.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:19:20 PM »

Thinking of getting a divorce so you can go fishing ? Wow !

ea187

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:33:36 PM »

wow.  either your wife really sucks or you really like to fish

David_R

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »

Ouch, should have married a woman who actually enjoys fishing :)

I don't think divorcing her is not really the first option I'd think of if I wasn't getting enough days on the water, I'd probably start with letting my wife know how much fishing really means to my life and maybe work out some options so you can both enjoy the days (ie, pack up a picknick and take her out, you fish, she sunbathes) and you both enjoy each others company.

Of course if theres no communication to start there might be a bit of a problem.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 07:43:01 PM »

There's more fish in the sea.  I have left or been left by women who thought that making babies was more important than fishing. A sense of conviction to what you really believe is more important than a romp in the sack. But then I don't have any offspring, so I'm like alot of the runs of salmon out there. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

hotrod

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »

The quality of your life depends on the questions you are ready to ask yourself. Do you want complete happiness in your life and are you willing to do what it takes to achieve this. You marry someone to feel whole inside not when she says it's OK. If fishing is what makes you happy and whole, then it should be accepted. No questions asked. In fact it should be supported because it's a big part of who you are. You see my friend you create, promote and allow things in your life. You have control of this and this only. If you don't go fishing because she says no, then you have to look at yourself because you've allowed this type of behavior in your life.

Be committed, to do what it takes, to have what you want in your life. What do you want?........ and what is it going to take?
If better is possible, is good good enough? and remember successful people do what others don't.

I think that what you've asked here may be  only a slice of the unhappy cake you've been eating for awhile and fishing only part of it.Maybe I'm wrong, if then I apologize on this point You've got to do what is right for you. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others...........................That's the way it should be for the rest of your life.

Hotrod
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 11:44:29 PM by hotrod »

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 09:11:05 PM »

I don't believe in divorce for a matter as trivial as that... If she beat you or cheat on you, that would be grounds...

Why not quit your job, so you have more time to fish? She'll be gone in no time ;)

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

ea187

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 10:03:23 PM »

There's more fish in the sea.  I have left or been left by women who thought that making babies was more important than fishing. A sense of conviction to what you really believe is more important than a romp in the sack. But then I don't have any offspring, so I'm like alot of the runs of salmon out there. :-\

you're nuts for choosing fishing over sex.  that's one of the craziest things i've ever heard

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

yourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr WHIPPED!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 02:52:23 AM »

I don't believe in divorce for a matter as trivial as that... If she beat you or cheat on you, that would be grounds...

Why not quit your job, so you have more time to fish? She'll be gone in no time ;)

Cheers,
Nicole

uh so materialistic

ps : this is personal problem so giving opinion not good solution !
hardware == fish

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »

uh so materialistic

ps : this is personal problem so giving opinion not good solution !

That comment that says "what are your thoughts" is an invitation for an opinion...

And if you're referring to me as materialistic, you couldn't be more wrong.

:)
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 03:15:19 PM »

gee....I always mentioned my need to fish amongst other vices at first meeting....is simple...I go fishin' with you...without you...with you at home..or with you gone on to a better pairing...let 'em know up front about these things....saves on hassles later on in the relationship....as for nookie or fishin'...give the gal your best 30 seconds...then hit the flow.... :D :D :D

mojo no time for folks who impede my fishin' time... ;)
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

gman

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 04:06:28 PM »

If you are a guy with a full time job, a wife and kids, and you fish an average of one day every 2 weeks, then I'd say you're not doing worse than most of the married Dads who love to fish that I know. 

If you find a way to increase your fishing days, without giving up your family or your job, then please let me know... ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:08:18 PM by gman »

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »

sounds like she needs to go for a "Boat Ride" ;)
Ocean is a crazy place and accidents happen :o