Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

cates park

<< < (2/3) > >>

newsman:
That's right they are worms. I chucked back dozens untill a freind from Ont. asked me what I was doing. I told him they had worms. He said "all fish have worms that's why you cook them." I must addmit I was sceptical so I gave him every Sole & Flounder I caught fro the next three years and when I saw they didn't hurt him I started consuming them myself. That was twenty years ago and I haven't had a problem yet.

Fish Assassin:
Is your friend still alive ? ;D

Mabelingwane:
I was out at Cates Park on Saturday crabbing and fishing for the flat fish. The crabbing was great. Got about 1/2 dozen sole, but they were very small, didn’t keep any. I was trying for the daddy, but he didn’t make an appearance.

I was watching my trap like a hawk, but fortunately no problems. There must have been about 20 traps set out in the area just in front of the beach area.

There were 2 divers having great success with the crabbing, I wonder in Vince was one of them?

aquaboy24:
Not me...I never dive at Cates...it makes your suit stink.

Mabelingwane:
Thank goodness Vince. I almost inrtoduced myself as I thought it could be you....... Would have made me look like a dink now...

Norm... There are stax around. you can catch them with your hands just wading in the water close to the side where the bottom becomes sandy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version