Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gill Road Cleanup On The Fraser River  (Read 2853 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Gill Road Cleanup On The Fraser River
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:07:46 PM »

Posting this for this group who have done a great job the last few years on the Fraser River.

Gill Bar Cleanup and Community BBQ

With the change in river flow making other popular gravel bars inaccessible over the past few years, Gill Bar has become one of the most widely used areas on the Lower Fraser from Mission to Hope. Sport fishing, 4x4/ATV’s, hiking and camping all take place here at one time or another. Sadly, this area has also become a targeted spot for garbage dumping.

If you have time to join Fraser Riverkeeper, Woodtone and many other groups and volunteers for a clean-up and free BBQ on Saturday, April 5th from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Volunteers have found everything from home reno trash, car batteries, to deer carcasses and everything in between. If you can find the time on that Saturday for a couple of hours to give back to a watershed that brings us all enjoyment year-round, we would love to see you.

Bring boots, a refillable mug or water bottle (to eliminate more garbage), & gloves if you have them (we'll provide for those who don't).

Any questions please contact kevinr@woodtone.com or tyee@fraserriverkeeper.ca.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Gill Road Cleanup On The Fraser River
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:15:01 PM »

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Gill Road Cleanup On The Fraser River
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »

Not a bad turn out plus the rain held of for the most part, As for the garbage well it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer