Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, February 9th 2010  (Read 2536 times)

scotkemp

Chilliwack River, February 9th 2010
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:49:40 PM »

hey guys well today sucked started at 8 am left at 4pm fished kwb, train bridge, lickman, peach, vedder crossing, and about 6 km up the chilliwack lake road. no fish seen no fish and everyone i talked to havnt seen or heard of fish

Fisherama

Re: Chilliwack River, February 9th 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:58:48 PM »

At least you put in a good day on the river; it doesn't get much better than that.  Fishing is pretty tough right now, we'll need a good rain to bring in some fresh fish.  Thanks for the report.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »

Same for me...Peach, Lickman, Bergman, Train bridge and I gave up when I got down the KW Bridge and noticed at least 50 guys fishing it...maybe an exaggeration.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:07:07 PM »

Same for me...Peach, Lickman, Bergman, Train bridge and I gave up when I got down the KW Bridge and noticed at least 50 guys fishing it...maybe an exaggeration.

I heard 40 so you were not far off. At least they will be getting snag bites down there. ;D ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:09:22 AM »

40 or 50 guys fishing an 'empty' river? And Ironnoggin is reporting 25 fish for 4 rods in 3 hours in the Stamp. Something is really wrong with the stocking plan for our 'beloved' Vedder compared to the Stamp. Hey fishery mangers, we have more people, tax payers and fishermen here in Lower Mainland. Do the math.  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:19:59 AM »

40 or 50 guys fishing an 'empty' river? And Ironnoggin is reporting 25 fish for 4 rods in 3 hours in the Stamp. Something is really wrong with the stocking plan for our 'beloved' Vedder compared to the Stamp. Hey fishery mangers, we have more people, tax payers and fishermen here in Lower Mainland. Do the math.  ;D

Or you can get involved and do some research on how it is stocked and managed instead of complaining based on a lack of information in a handful of threads as usual.

mykisscrazy

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »

No Kidding!

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »

If you had a place where the fish stacked up like they do where the Nog fished you could get the same kind of fishing.
Fish for all your worth but, remember what the fish are worth.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »

PS or it is just Nog....
I would consider myself a pretty decent rod and only hit 2 this weekend (on the Stamp). His side of the river there were around 6 fish hooked in 20 mins then it went dead for 3 hours and I left. Other then him and his buddies I only saw 2 fish hooked all day (and no one I talked to had hooked or seen any). Secondly he has fished that river for years and knows every spot... if you know all your spots in the Vedder you can have some amazing days like I have had in the 2 years of Steelheading I've done.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

If you had a place where the fish stacked up like they do where the Nog fished you could get the same kind of fishing.

nailed it...

rides bike to work

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »

Id like to hear why the stamp and other island rivers produce steel head so well, from what Ive read its because of rules put in place to preserve stocks,like bait bans .I cant say that any tough measures have been taken on the vedder.And every year I hear about the vedder hatchery struggling with getting enough brude stock.Its probably some what time to do something to insure our children will get the same opportunities we have.Especially with the ever growing pressure on the river.Any info on the subject would be appreciated.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »

Sorry, but it sounds like sour grapes to me...

Regardless of a spot, you still need to know how to fish.  ::)
There were people fishing the same spot who didn't hook into a single fish - all they did was lose gear on almost every cast.
I know, I was there with Nog. The only people catching consistently were Tadpole and Matt because they were dialed in. I myself worked very hard for the few fish I had on. And I didn't land any!

There is more to a good fishing spot than meets the eye.
Just look around the Vedder during salmon season.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:57:36 PM by milo »

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 09:17:49 PM »

Id like to hear why the stamp and other island rivers produce steel head so well, from what Ive read its because of rules put in place to preserve stocks,like bait bans .I cant say that any tough measures have been taken on the vedder.And every year I hear about the vedder hatchery struggling with getting enough brude stock.Its probably some what time to do something to insure our children will get the same opportunities we have.Especially with the ever growing pressure on the river.Any info on the subject would be appreciated.

not this again.....the bait ban is doing nothing. a lot of island rivers are not fairing so well either.

Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:21:41 PM »

This is what happens when you post the exact same topic in two different threads.

This one's locked, continue the discussion at:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=23303.0