Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chehalis River July 24/25 weekend  (Read 1945 times)

bunster

• I'm a llama!
Chehalis River July 24/25 weekend
« on: July 26, 2004, 07:43:25 PM »

How come nobody ever talks about this river in the summer time??
 I was up there this weekend camping with the family got there unprepared for fishing though. Should have packed my waders and boots, only had shorts and sandles and cant walk to far with sandles on. so couldnt explore to far.
Anyway to the point have you seen the river or should i say river bed. there is ablsolutly NO water running past the Hatch i could not belive it. There are still places to fish but now you have to do some serious walking. Is this good or bad? Depends if like walking i suppose. It might also keep the people away so great if you like peace and quite. The problem i find with this river is that you have a one in a million chance of catching a summer run and it will probably happen at around 6am so this means getting there for around430-5am then walking for an hour to a prime spot. then first cast hopeing for a fish. I did this alot last year with no luck but this year it happend just like i say. It was back in early june when there was a bit more water in the river.
First trip up there of the season and my luck was in. So it does happen, but im suprised i never see anybody up there and never read of anyone going there. If you have not been up there before you should check it out as it is one of the nicest places to be in the summer, just dont expect a fish, But you never know!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/95081689/165517757PtVpei
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 10:53:02 PM by Rodney »

flyguy44

• who's a lama
Re:Chehalis River
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 08:14:03 PM »

My family and I cam,p at chehalis river campsite religiously throuout the year. have become very friendly with Gary and Ruth ( CAMP HOST'S) I have fished there on several ocassionsthis year.the hike is nothing but log jams,woods,bugs and very little water.I have heard there are several good spots though. I still enjoy myself each and every time I go. Maybe one day I will hook that summer steely. :)
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

steelheadjunkie

• I'm a llama!
Re:Chehalis River July 24/25 weekend
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 02:03:21 PM »

How come nobody ever talks about this river in the summer time??

Congrats on the fish! The reason we don't talk about it is so we can have a place to go, away from the Fraser gong to catch fish without anyone around.