Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: inch creek/ruskin damn 11.07.16  (Read 4556 times)

Sinergy

inch creek/ruskin damn 11.07.16
« on: November 07, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »

Yesterday we went at 5am to inch creek hatchery above the train crossing until 9 am there was 5 of use and only 2 fish were caught one coho and one chum.
when we left we checked out how people were doing below the train crossing though it was very packed with people it was very productive.
We then left to go to the Ruskin dam (stave river). and there was a ton of people there I would up getting a few bites on jig I make with purple feathers.
I then switched to just a regular hook and used a roe knot and slipped some pink wool on. I didn't seem to really matter what you used you would get bites.
a very good majority of the fish were rotting but was able to keep one.
I wouldn't fish at the entrance were the tiny creek meets the river there is a giant area were all the fish are gathered all you can do is snag them I saw lots of people fishing there.
as I was reeling in slowly to not snag any of them I still got 3 in one reel in luckily they all were able to get the hook out so I moved spots.
once you move down maybe 200 feet there is still a good amount of salmon biting and a lot more fun to fish with out worrying about snagging.
happy fishing all
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:20:46 AM by Sinergy »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: inch creek/ruskin damn 11.07.16
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:53:50 PM »

There is no fishing for salmon in Inch Creek.

It sounds like you were fishing Norrish (more often called Suicide) Creek
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.