Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 7th 2016  (Read 3476 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Chilliwack River, October 7th 2016
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »

Pretty good fishing this morning, the river definitely doesn't have a shortage of coho right now. Lots of hooking. Between my dad and I, during the one hour we got to fish at first light, we had eight fish on. Managed to keep one small hatchery marked fish, and released a couple of wilds, popped a few off. One fish was a 10lb+ buck and I was having trouble landing it, so passed the rod to Dad so I could net it, but of course the lin snapped right after the hand over. ::) Another fish landed, surprisingly was a dime chrome hatchery clipped sockeye salmon. Good thing I triple checked the fish in the net... released with care of course. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

NothingToSnagAbout

Re: Chilliwack River, October 7th 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 10:31:12 AM »

hatchery clipped sockeye

Lucky it was somebody that could recognize it. 99% would bonk it without knowing any better, especially in the excitement of the moment of seeing a clipped fin

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »

Released 6 hatchery fish yesterday... Really no shortage of coho in the river.
And the springs are in full force. Got a big red too, along with talked to a few people who have had them in the last week too. Pretty amazed at how well they've been biting roe all day long. Finding big chunks are seriously out fishing anything small.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 08:01:39 PM »

Back from 6 hunting today and out to the river for 45 minutes this evening to get on all the action I am hearing about, no one at my 'Hot Spot" except at seal. :o The only bites I has must have been small smolts, pike minnows or chub as the float would not even go down but on the retrieve bait was pulled down on the hook or gone completely.

I guess I will join the weekend crowd tomorrow, I imagine some will be getting to their "Hot Spot" in a couple of hours. ;D

Happy Thanksgiving, I think we will dine on blue grouse instead of turkey, one bird was close to the size of a small turkey anyway. ;D ;D