Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: similkameen river  (Read 24400 times)

Clarki Hunter

Re: similkameen river
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »

On our way back from the Kootenay's in April we counted about a half doz bears on the sides of the road or up on the hills over looking the road thru the Manning area.  Cool to see in a passing car but not so cool if they're hungry bold and visiting campers.

iCemAn

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »

Just returned from Princeton. I ended up fishing late this afternoon from Bromley Rock up river for about 3.5 hours. The water is still very high, especially for this time of year, but fishable. I hooked 6 fish and missed another dozen hits. Man you guys weren't kidding when you said they are small fish! 4-8 inch rainbows and whitefish! My brand new 3wt got used, but barely even bent with those monsters. Maybe I should invest in a 1wt now.

Lots of insects coming off the river this evening, some small mayfly's and some stones. Only a couple of mosquitos all night and only got 1 small bite on my wrist.

LOTS of deer on the drive home and most were on the shoulder and the middle of the road.
Teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 08:32:15 AM »

Just returned from Princeton. I ended up fishing late this afternoon from Bromley Rock up river for about 3.5 hours. The water is still very high, especially for this time of year, but fishable. I hooked 6 fish and missed another dozen hits. Man you guys weren't kidding when you said they are small fish! 4-8 inch rainbows and whitefish! My brand new 3wt got used, but barely even bent with those monsters. Maybe I should invest in a 1wt now.

Lots of insects coming off the river this evening, some small mayfly's and some stones. Only a couple of mosquitos all night and only got 1 small bite on my wrist.

LOTS of deer on the drive home and most were on the shoulder and the middle of the road.

The 3wt will be good when you hook into one of those 12-14 inchers below Hedley.  They will put a bend in it.
Not all those who wander are lost

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »

great thread guys... growing up in penticton/keremeos i have a few awsome fishing memories... now that i am grown up, i am thinking of taking a pontoon boat for a drift this summer...

If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!