Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How often do you change fisning line?  (Read 4827 times)

lovetofish

Re: How often do you change fisning line?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »

Incidentally, those on a budget who only have one reel can do the same, but they have to use two auxiliary spools (I hope you all keep a couple of those handy) and they have to perform the transfer process three times: once to the first auxiliary spool, then to the second auxiliary spool, and finally back to their reel so that the unused half of the line is now on the top.
Cheers,
Milo (likes to get a lot of mileage out of his lines)

Or if you are really cheap like me, Tie it to a tree and walk away until it is all off the reel. Then reattach from the end at the tree and reel it back up.

mr.p

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 03:28:23 PM »

I fish approximately 5 days a week.  I change my line at least once a month, usually more.  And after each day of fishing I usually strip off the top 10 yards.  I'd rather spend the money on line than lose a trophy.

I stopped usuing Maxima years ago.  I just don't see what all the hype is about.  I find Berkley Big Game much better,.....and much cheaper.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

jeff

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »

I am with you on the big game Mr P it is awsome I started using it last year and will never be going back to maxima again.
Enjoying the water..........

Danube Boy

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

So far very happy with Pline Cx Premium. It's more of a spinning reel line, but performs great on the levelwind; softer than UG and Big Game (much less memory) and doesn't dry out or lose color as quickly.

And to stay on topic  ;D, I usually change the line before the salmon season and then before the steelhead season. But as mr.p mentioned, I also remove 5-10yds once a week or so, depending on how beat up it looks.