Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Infuriating  (Read 10626 times)

Ned

Infuriating
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:30:59 AM »

Spend so much time on this river all year, and then have to watch boneheads screw it up. Yesterday, I was at a nice spot fishing a pool when3 guys on the other side, come in directly in front of me, stand about 3 feet apart from each other, and start intercepting my casts. Then, they start ripping fishing out of the water and either leaving them flipping on the beach, or kicking them back in and out of their way. Couldn't do much since I was on the other side, but no one on their side said a thing.

Yeah for fall on the Vedder :(

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
Re: Infuriating
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:50:47 AM »

So, what did you do? Anything? Or you are only venting it in here?

Ned

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:31:26 AM »

Couldn't do much since I was on the other side, but no one on their side said a thing.

Can you read, or are you just trolling in here? If I am near someone like this, I will do something - but no one did on their side.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 06:36:37 AM »

Had much the same thing happen years ago at the Chehalis.
I was by myself and there were others who had friends there and they weren't saying anything either.
I packed up my stuff and haven't been back.
Not that long ago I would have said something and probably got in a pissing match or even a fight over this but you learn when to keep your mouth shut after being beaten up a couple times. ;)

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »

Yawn.
Take a picture, call RAPP, inform them of the laws, or fish elsewhere but quit whining. Last thing we need is another bad ethics thread.

Ned

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »

Yawn.
Take a picture, call RAPP, inform them of the laws, or fish elsewhere but quit whining. Last thing we need is another bad ethics thread.

Seen lots of indifferent people like you out there.

I'll just leave this thread now with - this fishery is quickly losing it's "ethics" to snaggers, flossers and low holers.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 07:27:40 AM »

I'll just leave this thread now with - this fishery is quickly losing it's "ethics" to snaggers, flossers and low holers.

It's always like this before the rains and the chill of fall sets in. Especially in pink years. Worry not. The rains and the cold will wash out the scum. Keep away from popular meatholes and you can still get some awesome fishing.

For now I suggest you invest your anger into the cleanup on Sunday. Pick garbage like crazy.
It will make you feel better at the end of the day.

Tight lines.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:53:10 AM »

For now I suggest you invest your anger into the cleanup on Sunday. Pick garbage like crazy.
It will make you feel better at the end of the day.

X2 Yup, way to go!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 09:13:18 AM »

Yawn.
Yawn, sigh... Next time whip out your cell phone and start filming!This is what I do! Be surprised how well it works! Certainly gets the culprits attention...

Ian Forbes

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »

I have lots of "interesting" methods in dealing with them. Most are not legal. I haven't been in a fight yet, but maybe they don't want to deal with someone crazy as me. But, I'm always calm, cool and polite. I smile a lot and I never lose control. Depending on how far away they are I can hit a target at 100 feet with a lead weight and huge treble hook. The Treble hooks are 3/0 and I always carry a few to retrieve lost tackle that have been dropped over-board.

Drewhill

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »

Depending on how far away they are I can hit a target at 100 feet with a lead weight and huge treble hook. The Treble hooks are 3/0 and I always carry a few to retrieve lost tackle that have been dropped over-board.

Jesus why does it always start off with a person talking about how they did nothing and next thing it's about casting weights and trebles at people  ??? Just say something first, they might be new and not know or just might be a**holes and need someone to say something to them. If someone cuts you off in traffic you honk don't you? No different than that. Other than that film them or if they are doing something illegal call RAPP.

Enough with these threads of people whining about what happened or getting all macho talking about what they would do.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:37:09 PM by Drewhill »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »

throw rocks at people across the river. rocks are free and provided by the earth
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

banx

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »

well, I say something in a polite manner, usually with some humour and most say "oh sorry" and try to change their methods....

on sept 20th I fished below the train bridge I believe its called.... this is my second pink season in the lowermainland. some impressive shenanigans, of the 6 people I approached only 1 was deliberate in his actions.... tried offering a lady tackle and to show her how to setup a float as not to snag fish she told me "thats how i fish ok  >:(" and I left it at that. 

after my initial "hey man, you can't keep a fish by the bum hey" other people on the beach also began to speak up, which was encouraging.  i'm not a big guy, and I've also had my butt kicked too. but if you speak to someone as a human in a polite manner and say what the 'rules are' 99.5% will not try to get violent because of it.  you can abandon the moral mission if you feel like it will escalate.

only one guy, wow, even infront of his kid and wife..... tell him you can't keep that and he says ok and walks away leaving the fish on the beach... he hadn't bonked it yet and was walking to his car so i revived the fish and sent it back on it's way. i'm married so i know when a woman isn't happy, so i'm only assuming his wife was swearing at me.  when he came back, he apologized and proceeded to release all his snagged fish....  I left an hour after this so who knows what happend....and on the drive home all I could think about is how raped this river gets. and how the hell do these fish actually get to spawn.

heres a pic that just blew me the f away. quality of the pic is crap but you get the 'drift'  ;)

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 04:34:35 PM by banx »

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »

heres a pic that just blew me the f away. quality of the pic is crap but you get the 'drift'  ;)

"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious."

Ian Forbes

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »

Jesus why does it always start off with a person talking about how they did nothing and next thing it's about casting weights and trebles at people  ??? Just say something first, they might be new and not know or just might be a**holes and need someone to say something to them. If someone cuts you off in traffic you honk don't you? No different than that. Other than that film them or if they are doing something illegal call RAPP.

Enough with these threads of people whining about what happened or getting all macho talking about what they would do.

I'm not saying what I might do. I'm saying what I have done. But, if you actually READ everything rather than picking out one section, you will have read that I always start calmly and politely and point out errors in people's methods. It is when they disagree and say there are no rules, then I just point out that if there are no rules then ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.