Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, December 1st 2015 : First Steelhead Trip Of The Season  (Read 8821 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, December 1st 2015 : First Steelhead Trip Of The Season
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »

We call it fencepost alley in the winter.
Filled with newbie spey guys just happy not to take their own eyes out, and gear chuckers from salmon season who block up the nicest parts of the run hoping for a passing-through fish - their floats are rarely vertical.  :P

Pretty much. Lickman is hardly a secret.

Drewhill

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »

I agree with TLS that during steelhead season spots shouldn't be posted. Lower, mid and upper is good enough. Problem is even though these spots aren't secrets people don't realize which ones are fishing well.

Nicolas The Fisherman

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »

I had only posted the pictures to make the report more interesting and to show the river conditions. Next time I'll try to only get the water so spots can't be recognized. But in all seriousness, the only ones seeing the pictures/reports are contributing forum members. And besides, that wasn't even where I hooked the fish to begin with ;D

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 11:10:36 AM »

Geez all this excitement and negativity over a good report, pretty sad.
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 11:11:35 AM »

If anyone is bothered by these images in the report section, please let me know so I can reset your post count and avoid any future anger issues. The moderators of Fishing with Rod are always concerned about how the internet forums may impact your mental welfare, so please notify us when posted images become offensive and change your daily lifestyle.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 11:48:09 AM »

If anyone is bothered by these images in the report section, please let me know so I can reset your post count and avoid any future anger issues. The moderators of Fishing with Rod are always concerned about how the internet forums may impact your mental welfare, so please notify us when posted images become offensive and change your daily lifestyle.

;D What a guy !

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »

;D What a guy !

You know it. I'm always here looking out for everyone's interest. ;)

FWR, serving the public since 2001.

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:18 PM »

I had only posted the pictures to make the report more interesting and to show the river conditions. Next time I'll try to only get the water so spots can't be recognized. But in all seriousness, the only ones seeing the pictures/reports are contributing forum members. And besides, that wasn't even where I hooked the fish to begin with ;D
Yes overkill on the reactionary posts indeed.I assumed that your picture was not the spot you got the fish anyway.

keep up the reports and add pictures too!Doesnt happen enough anymore.

Drewhill

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »

The report was great and is exactly how it should be written. Photos are a bit dangerous and same with the guys calling out the spot after. This is straight from from the posting tips thread:

Fishing reports: Fishing reports are to be posted in the fishing reports section, which is limited to a number of users (see below). You should provide a general location and date in your report title. Participants who choose to intimidate reporters who choose to name a specific location will not be tolerated by post removal, loss of privelege in the report section or banning. While we understand that some river systems are more fragile than others, not all anglers are aware of this, so a better alternative would be to privately contact the reporters via email in a respectful manner.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »

Looks like I'll have to ban a bunch of people who replied to Nicolas' report by naming the specific spot! :D

Humpy

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »

Who cares where the picture was taken.
Thanks for the report Nicolas!
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 01:54:36 PM »

8)
The report was great and is exactly how it should be written. Photos are a bit dangerous and same with the guys calling out the spot after. This is straight from from the posting tips thread:

Fishing reports: Fishing reports are to be posted in the fishing reports section, which is limited to a number of users (see below). You should provide a general location and date in your report title. Participants who choose to intimidate reporters who choose to name a specific location will not be tolerated by post removal, loss of privelege in the report section or banning. While we understand that some river systems are more fragile than others, not all anglers are aware of this, so a better alternative would be to privately contact the reporters via email in a respectful manner.

You forgot to highlight the part right before it about intimidation.
I have not intimidated anyone, merely suggesting Lickman would be busier the next day.
When TLS lied again about it not being the spot, is when I felt I should explain to prove my point which I probably should have kept my yap shut... But if you know me that can be a problem.

dobrolub

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »

Thanks for your report Nicolas, it reads like a nice story. It's too bad we won't know what fish that was on the hook.