Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Logan Lake area  (Read 2949 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Logan Lake area
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:28:22 AM »

Firstly, I was really glad to be cabined and not tenting. I spent 6 days at a pal's cabin at Dominic lake and to put it mildly, I should have packed up warmer clothes. The 2 pairs of sweat pants I brought with me were pretty foul by the time I got back. Rain, hail, frost,snow and flippin' cold. The few times the sun showed the fishing was good, the 12 - 14 inch rainbows succulent when gently sauteed in lemon butter. Oddly enough, all I caught were females. We went to a few of the other area lakes but had no success.
http://

clarkii

• Old Timer
Re: Logan Lake area
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 11:14:34 PM »

If you have waders, bring them (preferably an old no longer submersion proof but still waterproof set).  So surprised that more people do not wear them in boats as they are the best waterproof pants you can get!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »

They also become boat anchors when filled with water. Go try swimming in a lake with waders on one time. Stay in the shallows!!

doja

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 04:46:17 PM »

Haven't swam in a lake but did in the ocean... With waders.  I got surprisingly...  Little water in them at all, lol.  And being that I stayed warm my survival rate increases dramatically...  With out them I would have been cold and soaking wet... 

I always use waders in the boat now..  With a pfd to seal things in and a wading belt....