Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 floss-out  (Read 71513 times)

4x4

Re: 2012 floss-out
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »

Lo! Fresh NERKA on the Steveston Wharf this weekend.  $20-40 a fish!

You're a Pirate for God's sake. Isn't it supposed to be Yo!? Fresh NERKA.................

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »

Ok peeps Ive seen the evil in my ways.....so from now on I hereby swear to purchase only from Steveston commercial boats...was gonna say supermarkets but I like em really fresh...Thanx for steering me right.
Good man. ;D ;D

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »

My house is behind a FN complex so yes thats where my sox come from....Very cheap too... Yes I belong to PETA..People Eating Tasty Animals.

When Bassonator posted that I couldn't help but think of Jack Nicholson in " A Few Good Men " where he shouts out " You're damn right I ordered the Code Red  " and then is surprised as he's lead away by the sheriffs, lol. One should always think before speaking or even posting. Bassonator then posts :

Wow stirred up a hornets nest did I...lol...If im cutting grass in my backyard and some one offers me 2 fresh sox for 20 hey its my hard earned cash, yup Im gonna go for it.Hows the Sharkfin soup..

I wonder if a bb'er would be so easily forgiven if he typed the same sentences. At any rate I'm sure like all you other intelligent posters that Bass will only buy from the Steveston commercial boats in the future.  ;D ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »

If I had to guess I'd say he's bought even more FN sockeye since the other day when he said he wouldn't anymore.

IMO he's just saying that because he didn't like the ribbing he was getting from the board.  ::)

Let's see here, he can go to his back fence and get a couple fish for cheap or he can spend the $ on expensive gas and go all the way to the dock to buy them for twice the price, hmmmm??? I'm betting the car stays parked.  ;D

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »

If I had to guess I'd say he's bought even more FN sockeye since the other day when he said he wouldn't anymore.

IMO he's just saying that because he didn't like the ribbing he was getting from the board.  ::)

Let's see here, he can go to his back fence and get a couple fish for cheap or he can spend the $ on expensive gas and go all the way to the dock to buy them for twice the price, hmmmm??? I'm betting the car stays parked.  ;D

Yup your wrong.
Take the T out of Morton.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2012, 01:19:35 PM »

;D ;D ;D

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:28 PM »

You're a Pirate for God's sake. Isn't it supposed to be Yo!? Fresh NERKA.................

The lastest DFO fishery notice says there is no sport or commercial opening yet. So where are the fresh NERKA from?  ;) ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:27 PM »

Yup your wrong.

Pics or it didn't happen.  ;D ;D ;D

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »

So where are the fresh NERKA from?  ;) ;D

Osoyoos!!   ;D ;D
A rig out of water catches no fish.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2012, 04:26:08 PM »

Yup! A receipt from the dock outlet will convince the doubters.   ;D  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

Yup your wrong.
I am sure you are a man of your words. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »

I call it a zoo too but keep going there. It can be very productive, can hold a lot of people and a summer isnt the same without the long walk, smell of old sockeye, and crossing a desert full of anticipation. ........
You may wish to consider not to continue BB' ing as FOC is asking people not to BB  due to incidental hooking of sockeye.

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »

Although flossing is technically still legal at this point, FOC (dfo) advises that,

"While fishing for chinook and chum salmon, anglers are advised to avoid using
fishing methods such as bottom bouncing that catch sockeye salmon and use other
fishing methods that are selective."

So although legal, is it up to the angler to chose whether he/she feels it is still ethical to go against FOC's advise and continue to floss.

Keep in mind, people's decisions to continue to floss after this advisory in the past has led to spot closures on the Fraser.

Hopefully people make the right choice...

fishyfish

« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »

Okay I gave it two seconds. Considered not Bottom bouncing then thought about the alternative. Bar fishing. Sitting in a chair for long periods of time waiting for a possible bite. Easy decision back to bottom bouncing. Most productive way of catching fish at the scale bar. Actually probably the only way to catch fish at the scale bar. I will politely ask the Indians to stop netting and selling sockeye but we all know that is not going to happen. Where is my bouncing betty?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »

Okay I gave it two seconds. Considered not Bottom bouncing then thought about the alternative. Bar fishing. Sitting in a chair for long periods of time waiting for a possible bite. Easy decision back to bottom bouncing. Most productive way of catching fish at the scale bar. Actually probably the only way to catch fish at the scale bar. I will politely ask the Indians to stop netting and selling sockeye but we all know that is not going to happen. Where is my bouncing betty?

Using the FN reason is just a way to make you feel better about something that you shouldnt be doing. Nice excuse!!! Your no better than any FN illegally selling sockeye out of the back of a truck!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family