Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano coho  (Read 9850 times)

hotrod

Re: Capilano coho
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 06:10:09 AM »

I generally have had great days starting in the may long weekend! However, I start catching them late april on a consistant basis.River levels look as though they will be good this spring, so anticipate being able to float fish for them til end of june maybe early july! Last year the river was at drought levels by May.Roe is the ticket for me

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 04:53:26 PM »

Tell me about it. Haven't seen the Cap this dry for May & June last year. I hope this year brings back some normalcy on the flow. I wonder if the hatchery got enough brood stock from last year's drought as the natives might have set the weirs too early for fish to make it back to the hatchery.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »

Tell me about it. Haven't seen the Cap this dry for May & June last year. I hope this year brings back some normalcy on the flow. I wonder if the hatchery got enough brood stock from last year's drought as the natives might have set the weirs too early for fish to make it back to the hatchery.
Hatchery were full of coho last summer, even if the wiers were set early a small amount of fish  make it pass on high tide.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 07:14:38 AM »

I generally have had great days starting in the may long weekend! However, I start catching them late april on a consistant basis.River levels look as though they will be good this spring, so anticipate being able to float fish for them til end of june maybe early july! Last year the river was at drought levels by May.Roe is the ticket for me
Thanks for the info hotrod.  From my limited experience, trying to hook a Cap Coho is really frustrating before June.  It's more like hiking than fishing, but it's nice to be out.