Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pender Harbour Fishing  (Read 2070 times)

IamCanadian

Pender Harbour Fishing
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:46:29 PM »

So on the thanks-giving weekend, my family along with others will be going on a trip to pender harbour. We'll be there for 3 days, and i wanted to know if there are any decent fishing going around there. We dont know if we should rent out a boat yet...depending on the weather and other factors. So theres gonna be a high possiblity that we're going to fish on piers and such. So if anyone has any idea or suggestion as to where to fish. It'll be greatly appreciated. ;D thanks.

c-pin

Re: Pender Harbour Fishing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 05:25:28 PM »

My in-laws live up there. I have had good reports from people going out and getting into fish. Over the last few years, the fishing has declined, but this year has really imrpoved. It's certainly not like the "good old days", but it is getting there.

Good Luck ... Tight Lines.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

IamCanadian

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 03:10:29 PM »

anyone?? :-\

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 04:30:17 PM »

I know the area well.
While this year was definitely better than years past the Salmon have for all intents and purposed deserted the area and Bottomfish were extirpated long ago.
If you were taking your own boat I'd make a few suggestion but I can tell you straight it's not worth renting.
Crabbing can be good-note hoop nets only in Pender Harbour itself or so I'm told.

IamCanadian

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

oh...we were gonna rent a boat...darn...so it'd be the best to just fish from the piers? if so, do u have any suggestions? thanks :)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 06:44:06 PM »

Boat rentals are expensive and Salmon in that 'hood are few and far between.
OTOH it's a gorgeous place for a boat ride if it's a nice calm afternoon and you have some money to spend why not?
For Salmon your best bet is probably the West side of Bejrre Shoal not too far a run and you might scare up a Coho if you use a flasher/flashy spoon behind a planer.
There was somebody selling live bait @ Buccaneer Bay not sure if he's open this late in the season.
Not worth running all the way down to Chapman Creek though-maybe you should check it out on the drive up and see if you might not like to try there especially if it's too rough/cold for boating.
http://www.user.dccnet.com/fishingsechelt/fishingdiary.htm