Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's a beek?  (Read 17386 times)

Nucks

Re: What's a beek?
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »

..............I'm not sure I want to see this  :-[

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »

Hurry up
The Bigger The Better!

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2012, 09:37:36 PM »

Not really, I agree with you. I cant stand people that think because the fish is released, everything is well and good. Slide em on the beach, let em flop around, wiggle the hook out and kick em back in! Yay, they stayed dry, and practiced C&R!

Did I say slide it up on the beach, yup the runners get wet but the fish never leaves the water. Geez Dan you guys sure like to jump to your concludsions dont ya.... ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

Nucks

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »

Actually you're the one jumping to conclusions. Dan did not mention anything about you??

dboy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »

I would add these to the list;
You wade into a river, oblivious to schools of fish porpoising right in front of you, move past them into deeper water then cast desperately towards the far bank
You insist on getting a c&r photo with your fish no matter how many times you drop it on the rocks.
You set the hook so hard you nearly fall into the river.
You bb  and kill a wild steely then post a hero shot.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »

Did I say slide it up on the beach, yup the runners get wet but the fish never leaves the water. Geez Dan you guys sure like to jump to your concludsions dont ya.... ;D
Feel free to reread what I said, except this time dont place yourself as the subject of my post, but a generalization towards those who dont wear waders. As you said, your runners get wet, and the fish doesnt leave the water. That right there shows a respect for the fish, which is all I could ever ask for with anglers. Although my post did follow yours, it was not directed towards you specifically. Had it been, I would have quoted, or named you. My point is simply, C&R without due care and attention is worthless, and I dont like seeing it. Thats all.

Actually you're the one jumping to conclusions. Dan did not mention anything about you??
I can see how one could assume I was directing my comments towards them, but it would be assumtions, and I dont call people on stuff with a passive attitude. But, the guy seems to be on the defensive a bit in regards to this whole thread, and some comments, so I cant really hold it against him.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

mko72

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »

I'm a beek then because I use a spinning reel. Not by choice though!  Poverty made the decision for me!   ;)

chronic_topdawg

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2012, 09:18:18 PM »

Youre all BEEKS and now Im a beek for reading every post