Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass fishing in the Fraser Valley  (Read 5006 times)

robbo1970

Bass fishing in the Fraser Valley
« on: July 24, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »

Hi

I am planning on taking my four year old over the weekend to try some bass fishing. Will be taking our spinning gear, I got some plastics and hooks from sea run earlier.
I am thinking of maybe trying Albert dyck, fish trap creek and mill lake. We won't have a boat unfortunately, are these three a good choice to bank fish.
Also we live in lake errock so we will drive past hatzic on the way to Abbotsford, is it worth stopping off there to?

noxcape

Re: Bass fishing in the Fraser Valley
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »

Dont bother with hatzic without a boat i think.mill.lake with worms willbe good you can also fish the the front end of silvermere from shore good luck

zacrum

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »

if you dont mind driving to langley  you can try   trinity western pond for catch an release only    or in abby you can try fish trap creek    ive had a few good hits there but thtey prefer top baits over any thing

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 07:15:26 PM »

if you dont mind driving to langley  you can try   trinity western pond for catch an release only    or in abby you can try fish trap creek    ive had a few good hits there but thtey prefer top baits over any thing

hahaha trinity western has no more fish with all the weeds in there..

robbo1970

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »

Think trinity may be a bit far out this weekend, perhaps we will give it a try next weekend. He's been getting some big pike minnow when we have been out sturgeon fishing, just want him to see if he likes something different too. He has started fly casting to, he has a little 3wt.
Thanks for the heads up about Hatzic Nox, when I get my outboard fixed later this year perhaps I will give it a go, mind you by then maybe the Chehalis is back open and then the switch rod is back out!

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »

Blair's recommendation are sound. I used to fish Walmsley Lake in Albert Dyck Park with kids quite often. You can fish off the dock in the western end in the evenings after the waterskiers have left, or along the shore.

Usually I would rig the kids up with little floats (I.e. The venerable red and white bobber).

I've taken lots of kids fishing there and had them catch their first fish. The bass were all little gaffers, but the kids didn't mind at all.

Have fun!

FishOn36

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »

Don't bother with trinity, it's one giant weed mat right now