Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208621 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer

More fresh coho still coming in. ;)
Indeed.....

Just to make a point.....

Time to spill some blood

another one!!!

derF you idiot, told you those aren't steelheads!!!
It ain't the roe bro'

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was the highest of the season when I looked this AM but looked to be clearing some later on. It was the highest level of the season. will check out later and report back.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

water has dropped a little from this morning...water clarity is slowly clearing but still has a cloudy look..visibility about a foot. Lately the river has been clearing up the next day after heavy rains so it might be the same this time for monday fishing. Still lots of chum and coho around lower and mid river... just got to work for it... ;D

VirtualFisher

Still lots of chum and coho around lower and mid river... just got to work for it... ;D

Yeah... I spent 9 hours today looking for those coho spots without any success.   :(  All I saw were chums, however, it was lots of fun fighting them.  My right arm is still in pain right now  :) :P.

I fished lower, mid, and upper river.   River level was very high this morning with less than a foot of visibility.  Water dropped quite a bit and  clarity got better when I left at 3:30pm. 

243Pete

I fished lower, mid, and upper river.   River level was very high this morning with less than a foot of visibility.  Water dropped quite a bit and  clarity got better when I left at 3:30pm. 

Guess tomorrow morning will be good, just a little high water.  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

What a lovely evening to make a 30 minute trip to the river, clarity was OK, had a take down on the first cast and that was it. Lots of chum showing as they made there way up river.

Rain in the forecast not good but fairly cool so river may hold, a toss up though.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River is still a bit on the high side but water clarity is looking pretty good when I drove over the crossing a couple of hours ago.

243Pete

Pretty dang muddy this morning, fairly high and fast with the odd piece of wood drifting by.  :o

Animal Chin

hahaha..thanks for that info Pete, makes me feel a little better for squandering a day. I was humming and hawing about driving out at noon to get a few hours in. Decided to hit the gym instead and clean all the borax and sand that's all over my apartment, pack away bar fishing stuff and float tube that's been sitting in my living room last 4 months .... 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

clean all the borax and sand that's all over my apartment, pack away bar fishing stuff and float tube that's been sitting in my living room last 4 months ....

Hahaha.... Sounds like my garage in October and November. ;D

243Pete

hahaha..thanks for that info Pete, makes me feel a little better for squandering a day. I was humming and hawing about driving out at noon to get a few hours in. Decided to hit the gym instead and clean all the borax and sand that's all over my apartment, pack away bar fishing stuff and float tube that's been sitting in my living room last 4 months .... 

Hahaha no problem, I was thinking the same but decided to take the risk even though I knew the river was high... sigh, I should have listened to my better judgement/ common sense.
Borax all over the apartment... sounds like my apartment too. I'll hit the gym tonight and get myself some needed gains seeing as I've been fishing more than lifting for the past while.  ;D I feel like a 250 pound fishy potato right now.  :P

Hahaha.... Sounds like my garage in October and November. ;D
Shouldn't your garage be more baby related material?  :P

the_tall_man

Anyone know if the river has cleared up any?
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Jk47

It is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL morning here in the lower mainland, and I'm guessing the reason for no posts on this topic so far today is precisely because the river is in fantastic shape for those lucky enough
To get out and enjoy it! As for me, I'm off to work😩😤😡 by the time I am able to get out there again I'm sure she'll be blown

the_tall_man

It is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL morning here in the lower mainland, and I'm guessing the reason for no posts on this topic so far today is precisely because the river is in fantastic shape for those lucky enough
To get out and enjoy it! As for me, I'm off to work😩😤😡 by the time I am able to get out there again I'm sure she'll be blown

Well, the reason I ask is because the report from yesterday was "high and muddy" and it doesn't look like it's come down much:

http://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/report_e.html?type=realTime&stn=08MH103
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

Jk47

Give it a few hours I'm sure Rodney will be posting pics of gorgeous 10lb Chrome hatchery coho after he's off the river (caught on brass and orange stripe Gibbs croc, of course) 😜