Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208628 times)

bj23

Is this the Terry with the older black truck who fishes up top?

Terry used to drive a black pickup. I believe it was a Dodge. Regular cab, step side, short box loaded with roe.

mvelasco

Terry used to drive a black pickup. I believe it was a Dodge. Regular cab, step side, short box loaded with roe.
If it's the same terry I'm thinking of our group of guys miss him. Haven't seen him in 2 years and he made our trips a whole lot of fun

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River very nice today, what a wonderful morning to be out there, more fresh run chum still coming in. Was a pleasure to once again fish with Nicolas the Fisherman.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I snuck out for another hour yesterday morning, hard to skip it when river condition is so nice. With the rain today, it'll be on the rise again.

I only managed to hook two in less than an hour yesterday, but one of them put up probably the best fight so far this season. She looked like she had just arrived from the Fraser.

More fresh coho still coming in. ;)

Sabre

• Bite Me

Nice fish Rod, using roe?

Shinny

Nice fish Rod, using roe?

I'm guessing the answer is no. Delta Gibbs croc silver with a red stripe or a silver/orange koho I'm guessing  ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I lost my silver and orange #35 Koho spoon yesterday after a few casts, so had to use a copper one instead. It definitely made a difference on the catch count I think. That silver and orange was really producing.

Blackrt03

Nice job Rod!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Another lovely rainy day on the Vedder and good once again to be fishing with Nicolas the Fisherman, we found the fishing slower than earlier in the week but some nice fresh run of chum still coming in.

I retained the brightest one of the season this AM, they take a liking to roe bags the last 2 morning. Once again, the coho are all but gone although after keeping the chum I did a garbage cleanup around a popular spot and one angler had 2 coho on the bank. The others appeared blanked but I heard a very bright chinook was taken as did the Master yesterday.

Talking about bright, just a tip for those starting out fishing it is a good idea not to wear a bright colored rain coat as in some runs the fish will see it, especially in clearer water conditions and scamper away.

Had a good lunch and visit at Cookies Grill with Joey at noon.

I just looked at the river and the rain is taking its toll, I thinks visiblity was 1 to just under 2 feet in the canal area.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

and the water level is heading up sharply...

John Revolver

Started the day on my usual circuit up top near the prison. Water was high but vis was decent. Action was much slower than in previous weekends.

Went Juust above the crossing mid-day. Water was fast, vis was 2-3.  Hooked into something very strong in the middle of a run when my fly was in mid swing. Very strong , violent headshakes.  Didn't really pull like a chum. Spat my intruder before I could get a glimpse.  Maybe a late run fresh coho? or a early early winter ste- ::)

Finished the day below the Trainbridge. Chum central. Big strong tanks. A lot of fun.  It was raining very hard at dusk and the water was rising and colouring up very fast. On the walk back the river was blowing out.

With the overnight rain warning for the valley Im pretty sure most waters in the valley will be totally blown out

Joey

Finally found cookies....pretty good food they have had....over crowded place.
Nice talking to you Chris...really enjoyed the conversion and badminton

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

The others appeared blanked but I heard a very bright chinook was taken as did the Master yesterday.

I saw that fish when he was hauling it to his car. Definitely a fresh one and a lovely surprise for this late in the seasons.

milo

• Old Timer

Yes, there are big fresh chinook in the system. I lost a spectacular one today at the beach - brightest one I've seen this season. On a purple jig of all things. I made a rookie mistake landing it. Still can't get over it. :'(
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:53:47 PM by milo »

sbc hris

These are all white springs coming in I assume?