Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208669 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Rain has now stopped but gauge shows higher water levels than last weeks high.

mkempe

Anyone able to share water visibility for this afternoon? Is there a sign of clearing after yesterdays monsoon?

b8floater

New river conditions report as of 1:30pm this afternoon for those itching to call in sick tomorrow!!!
https://youtu.be/1Km0JJqXGTo

lapa

New river conditions report as of 1:30pm this afternoon for those itching to call in sick tomorrow!!!
Thanks a lot.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Anyone able to share water visibility for this afternoon? Is there a sign of clearing after yesterdays monsoon?
Water is lovely, just got back from a 45 minute trip, lost a fresh run chum and missed two. It will be good for chum tomorrow as they are going by in droves and maybe coho, for Rod anyway. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Maybe? Just for that, I will have to go out tomorrow morning. ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Maybe? Just for that, I will have to go out tomorrow morning. ;)
Be careful if you wade across to the "Hot Dog Run." The water is fairly hight now.

Dave

• Old Timer

But the "hamburger Run" is fishing just fine :o

Blackrt03

bj23

Excellent work! Thank you!

bj23

Dating myself, but I recall a now deceased angler, Ernie Mcduff, bringing two coho into Riverside Resort for weighing ... 16 and 17 pounds;
this would be in the early 70's.  I was also with Terry Duck when he caught a few 15 pounders.  My biggest was about 13-14 lbs, not so long ago.

Hi Dave,

I remember Terry. Great guy! I first met Terry in the early 80's. The last time I saw Terry was at Island 22, in the mid 90's. Terry was guiding for Fred at that time. He had a boat load of fish and some very happy clients. I was out of province from 1997-2005. Haven't seen Terry since I've returned. I often think of Terry, but whenever I think of him, I am not with anyone that knew him --- then this post comes up. What's the latest on Terry, Dave?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:02:16 PM by bj23 »

Dave

• Old Timer

Well this is certainly off topic and I apologize to the other readers... but you're right, a great guy :D
Terry and I fished, drank beer, and hung out a lot together in the mid to late 70's - early 80's.  Our lives changed and we didn't see each other for a long time; whenever we did however, it was like long lost friends getting together.
Terry had a bad motor vehicle accident a few years ago while hunting and he was not doing well the last time I saw him, perhaps a year ago. Badly crippled up, on crutches, vowing to sue ICBC ... in other words, the same indomitable Terry Duck.

A very good angler who had a knack for catching very big fish (landed a 23 lb steelhead for him!) and a very good friend back in the day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

But the "hamburger Run" is fishing just fine :o
Better go out there and taste how good fishing really is. ;D ;D

Stars are out a beautiful sunrise on the way, the water will be A1 for those that are able and want to get out there.

The river has dropped a foot since the last high water mark.

bj23

Well this is certainly off topic and I apologize to the other readers... but you're right, a great guy :D
Terry and I fished, drank beer, and hung out a lot together in the mid to late 70's - early 80's.  Our lives changed and we didn't see each other for a long time; whenever we did however, it was like long lost friends getting together.
Terry had a bad motor vehicle accident a few years ago while hunting and he was not doing well the last time I saw him, perhaps a year ago. Badly crippled up, on crutches, vowing to sue ICBC ... in other words, the same indomitable Terry Duck.

A very good angler who had a knack for catching very big fish (landed a 23 lb steelhead for him!) and a very good friend back in the day.

Thanks for the update, Dave. I hope Terry's doing better. Thanks again.

mvelasco

Is this the Terry with the older black truck who fishes up top?