Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208629 times)

Shinny

I also have always wondered how long it takes for them to color up a bit...days..weeks? As soon as I get one on the bank I'm always wondering how long it might have been in the freshwater for.

swimmingwiththefishes

We did well on Chinook. Never seen them this late Hit 3 beauties 2 were chromers.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Another short trip this AM, not a bite but found a car battery dumped in the river  ::) and a gill net tangled up in a log jam, :'( both removed of course.

I did see a coho caught so there was at least one in the river today. ;D ;D

Rained hard this afternoon and still is.

samw

Yes I never hooked a coho this week in the Vedder, today I went to the other side of the river but not a bite. Spent most of the day visiting and filming at the Weaver and Chehalis Hatchery as well some other areas.

Last Nov 9th, I had 7 coho on in the Lower Vedder using Croc spoon and landed these 2:

CohoJake

• Old Timer

We did well on Chinook. Never seen them this late Hit 3 beauties 2 were chromers.
I thought I was the only one.  Hit this one on roe this morning. 

I couldn't seal the deal with any coho though.  They may show up later, but I think I'm done on the Vedder for the season.

milo

• Old Timer

I think the chum salmon season is over now, didn't get any this morning, but coho... ;)

Water condition is still very good.

It was very nice to run into you today after such a long time, Rod.  ;D
Seeing you play and land that huge coho made my day.
OK, I am lying. Meeting Mrs. Every Day, a.k.a. Kitty was the real treat. :)

I did manage to land two today (one of which was seriously close in size to your fish), but they were both wild.

In the afternoon, my friends and I hit the Nic, but it was slow, with only one coho connected with and lost.
Still some very nice coho in the systems.

dave c

It's a hot dog spot.

Coho will be on the bank tomorrow! ;D
Pretty impressive when you can make a bold statement, then back it up.  Nice job Rod

Apennock

It sounds like lots of success for Crocs this season.  For those of you using them; are you drifting them under a float or casting and receiving?  I've been drifting without much luck this season.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was lovely this AM even though we had some rain yesterday. Fished for 45 minutes and one chum released, not in bad shape. Did not see one angler in the area I was at, a lovely fall morning to be out and enjoy the surroundings.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

It's getting too cold in the morning, better stop soon. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

It sounds like lots of success for Crocs this season.  For those of you using them; are you drifting them under a float or casting and receiving?  I've been drifting without much luck this season.

Cast and retrieve.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

With Gibbs Crocs, you definitely want to find some very slow waters, and cast and retrieve it. If you know where the fish are, the first 30 minutes of the day will always be good when using this method. The results have been pretty consistent throughout this whole season.

If you are fishing in a run with slightly faster current, then try the Gibbs Kohos. They're a little more compact, dense, so will sink down to where you want them to be in the faster current.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

No Gibbs croc for this one... ;D

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Beauty!

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

long range forecast for chilliwack expecting heavy rain this week....no relief till next sunday.  :'(