Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208654 times)

swimmingwiththefishes

Im in 10 bucks for sure. Anybody who takes good vids and is as active as Chris should be using something with 4K;)

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!

Im in 10 bucks for sure. Anybody who takes good vids and is as active as Chris should be using something with 4K;)

someone has to talk to chris  FIRST and check out his plan and see if he is actually into it  ! and I will do the fund me page !

we dont want his plan to increase and the phone we buy will be unlocked

any suggestions for phones that r easy for a senior ... lol no note 7's

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks for the kind offers but I will be happy sticking with my old flip phone, I doubt I would be able to figure it out and would most likely drop in the water. :-[

I donot think it has rained too much overnight and the water level has not risen too much, a bit windy now.

Good fishing to those that get out today.

losos

Chris there are phones that are watertight and have easy mode. lf you are able to post using computer you'll figure out new phone or someone can help help you with it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Sorry for the late report that I promised for 10 as I got back late from fishing and had to dash off to church, just back.

Well the river was in tip top shape as I slipped down to Gwyn's Run for an hour this morning. It was Chum City this morning as they were going by in droves and I think I had the most take downs I have had this coho salmon season.

The only 2 coho I hooked I lost, hope there is time for some of you to get out there that may have been waiting for my  water condition report.

Very few anglers out in the area I was fishing and none in Gwyn's run.

Was nice to meet Warren as I was heading out, I talked too long and had to run back to the truck to change from waders to church clothes. ;D ;D

Looks like a good week ahead to fish before the coho season ends shortly. :-\ Rod will dispute that as he does each year. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Looks like a good week ahead to fish before the coho season ends shortly. :-\ Rod will dispute that as he does each year. ;D

The pictures to be posted in the next few weeks will say otherwise! ;D

Upper river looks pretty good today too as I drove up to the hatchery for a look, just a bit high. Water clarity is reasonably good. Just gotta find small spots where fish are likely to congregate close to shore.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

. Just gotta find small spots where fish are likely to congregate close to shore.
Yep and you are the only one that knows where Gwyn's run is.lol

VirtualFisher

I fished lower river today and was rewarded with 3 hatchery coho (two about 5lbs and one about 12lb).  I also lost one big coho.

Water level was high but fishable.  Water clarity was around 2 feet.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

Water clarity was getting better from morning on...a little color which should clear up nicely very soon. Quite a few wild coho in the river as I released 3 before this hatch came home for dinner.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water clarity was getting better from morning on...a little color which should clear up nicely very soon. Quite a few wild coho in the river as I released 3 before this hatch came home for dinner.

Nice one, all I could find was more chum this evening, many bites. Water conditions great, back at it tomorrow before all the coho are gone until next season. In the old days we caught them into December. Even caught a steelhead when fishing for coho salmon.

wav789

Was nice to meet Warren as I was heading out, I talked too long and had to run back to the truck to change from waders to church clothes. ;D ;D

Nice to meet you out there too, Chris! Ended up getting two smaller hatchery coho and one larger (of course) wild.

sockeyed

Any updates? I was thinking of heading out tomorrow.

Also, I was told that 1.8m or lower is the best water level to fish. Should I be taking this reading from the primary water level or the discharge reading?

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

How do you find these charts, and how do you make sense of them?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was great this AM and lots of action, more details later this evening on Fishing Reports, after badminton. ;D
Have to BBQ some fish now.