Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sooke, July 26th 2013  (Read 1078 times)

rheticus

Sooke, July 26th 2013
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »

I had two adult daughters and a granddaughter visiting from out of town and wanted to show them some salmon, without the risk of my all-too-frequent experience of getting skunked. So I contacted Ron at 2 Reel Fishing Adventures:

http://www.2reel.ca/

He's a great guide, knowledgeable, but not in-your-face, patient with varying skill levels (he hardly said a thing when I knocked a fish off the hook with my clumsy netting technique), and extraordinarily generous with his "half day" (5:30 a.m. until noon, plus all the gutting and cleaning) . We ranged from six years old to (OK) ten times that, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip and, of course, the fishing. We had a double-header of chinooks early on and lost them both. But then we turned to pinks and had our full limit before quitting time. Ron also provided some crabs at the end of the trip, advice about canning for part of our 80-100-pound catch, and even a recipe for baked salmon fillets for a family reunion the next day. He also brings along snacks and excellent coffee. I can recommend Ron and 2 Reel Adventures without reservation.

deepcovehooker

Re: Sooke, July 26th 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 12:20:15 PM »

Yea, I used Ron back at the end of June.  I also did a submission to the reports page with a high recommendation for 2 Reels.  Hoping to get back in the fall to try bucktailing for some northern coho.

rheticus

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »

It's on the strength of your recommendation in June (DCH) that I booked Ron for the end of July. And I'm glad I did, so thank you very much!

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »

Hmm.. thinking of taking my wife.