Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reg Contradictions...  (Read 9160 times)

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Reg Contradictions...
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »

So you can take 2 from the ocean but 4 from the rivers?
For Pinks on the Fraser and Vedder it has been 2 each. These pages are updated when the regulations change.

Region 2 Lower Mainland.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/fresh-douce/region2-eng.html

Tidal Fraser:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/fraser-eng.html

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 02:10:27 PM »

I believe limit is generally 4 unless otherwise stated.  If it is stated in a particular area, then that is the limit you can take from that area. If the limit of pinks on the Vedder is 4 and fraser is 2, you can take 2 from fraser and 2 more that day from the Vedder or vise versa.

I would be careful with that vice versa scenario. If you take two from the Vedder then go to Fraser and get a couple more, unless you can prove you were at the Vedder earlier that day, a CO might reasonably conclude that you took over your limit from the Fraser. While nothing inherently illegal about it, the regs suggest you do not possess more than the limit for the particular body of water you are at.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 03:19:19 PM »

I would be careful with that vice versa scenario. If you take two from the Vedder then go to Fraser and get a couple more, unless you can prove you were at the Vedder earlier that day, a CO might reasonably conclude that you took over your limit from the Fraser. While nothing inherently illegal about it, the regs suggest you do not possess more than the limit for the particular body of water you are at.
Except the regulations still state that the possession limit is two daily limits, right?  So you should still be allowed to possess 4 on the Fraser, but only keep 2 from that water per day, right?

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 03:29:54 PM »

I believe two daily limits refers to two separate days. eg. if you camped out there overnight and caught two each day. Like I said, there is nothing inherently wrong with taking 2 from the Vedder then 2 from the Fraser, but if you get checked, I think the onus is on you to prove you didnt take all 4 from the Fraser on the same day...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:31:48 PM by DanL »

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 03:51:01 PM »

I believe two daily limits refers to two separate days. eg. if you camped out there overnight and caught two each day. Like I said, there is nothing inherently wrong with taking 2 from the Vedder then 2 from the Fraser, but if you get checked, I think the onus is on you to prove you didnt take all 4 from the Fraser on the same day...
I agree that the point of the 2 daily limits is to allow you to fish 2 days, but to me this should mean that there is no presumption of illegality if you possess 4 pinks, since the regulations explicitly state that it is legal to do so.  This would be less of an issue if you were required to write down every salmon that you killed (like you do down in Washington), but it is a pain in the behind to write down every pink you kill. 

tworivers

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 04:27:58 PM »

Not sure if this helps some of you...

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/points/salmon-saumon-eng.html

"The daily limit for all species of Pacific salmon from tidal and fresh waters combined is four. Individual species limits also apply."

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »

the stated limits per day extend across all streams and tidal water. It's 2 pinks period and a total of 4 salmon.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:18 PM »

the stated limits per day extend across all streams and tidal water. It's 2 pinks period and a total of 4 salmon.

Hmmm according to this page the limit in 29-1 to 29-5 and 29-8 for pinks is 4?

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html

Based on that, I dont believe that there is a region wide daily limit for pinks other than the limit of 4 (all salmon species combined) unless I've overlooked something?

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »

Ok, so it's not just me that gets confused from time to time..,;)

hrenya

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »

I don't think so , tidal water of fraser - maybe .