Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good news, Leaf Mobile  (Read 9178 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Good news, Leaf Mobile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:53 AM »

Rangers are hardy trucks much like the mighty steelhead. Takes alot to hurt them. Although the rangers gave the leafs a mighty but kicken tonight. Ironic I think not.
;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 10:33:03 PM »

These type of break - ins must be rampant these days, the Leaf Mobile had 4 of her sisters in for the same repair and that is just in one auto body shop, sad situation we are faced with.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

I was away from the forum for a while and...wow...glad you got your LM back. :o

arimaBOATER

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »

Chris's last post in this trend tells of 4 vehicles in for the same repair as his truck in one body shop.
That speaks volumes.

No wonder our insurance rates keep increasing.
Crime does not pay ( well it sure puts money in the hands of repair shops,gives jobs to security co.(s) police cts. jail & prison staff, alarm co(s) & locksmith businesses , not to mention baseball bats & guns for protection.)

Sadly criminals always leave victims behind & they just do not care.
So a person that took Chris's truck is just plain & simple a very very very selfish person.
It is all about ME ME & ME & who cares about the victim's suffering.

What a world we live in.
( including a high % of dishonest vehicle repair shops  or kick back politicians  ; the list goes on )

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »

Chris's last post in this trend tells of 4 vehicles in for the same repair as his truck in one body shop.
That speaks volumes.

No wonder our insurance rates keep increasing.
Crime does not pay ( well it sure puts money in the hands of repair shops,gives jobs to security co.(s) police cts. jail & prison staff, alarm co(s) & locksmith businesses , not to mention baseball bats & guns for protection.)

Sadly criminals always leave victims behind & they just do not care.
So a person that took Chris's truck is just plain & simple a very very very selfish person.
It is all about ME ME & ME & who cares about the victim's suffering.

What a world we live in.
( including a high % of dishonest vehicle repair shops  or kick back politicians  ; the list goes on )
Yes I know, as I said before it is not the worse thing we encounter in life but it puts one in a bit of depressed mood, have not fished since the incident and of course it costs us $300 deductable.

gw105

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 08:55:46 PM »

The $300 deductable for theft or vandalism is outrageous... it's bad enough to be the victim of a crime without shelling out $300 too!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »

That speaks volumes.

Perhaps I'm being paranoid here but the thought crossed my mind that perhaps the body shop is involved to drum up business ?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »

Fish Assassin you definitely are not paranoid because there are tons of scams going on.

Market Place on CBC many times has hidden cameras that catch so called experts lying with the only purpose to scam the customer of their $$$$. Repairs that are not needed or if needed they are over charged big time.
From plumbers ,garage door repairs, swimming pool repairmen, on & on..

Makes ya wonder when tires are slashed or windshields smashed or veicles scratched with keys if a friend is trying to make some local business for shops in the area.
Mind ya the ones that do crime are already self punished. They have to look at themselves in a mirror. ;D
One auto repair shop had 2 customers in one after the other & the mechanic(s) told both parties of repairing their leaky gas tank.
Easy to fool the customer as they squirt gas into the trunk & maybe a bit on the pavement.
What are the odds two owners would have needed that same repair?
Lost my trust in that outfit & looked for a dif. service shop.

In this world play it safe & lock up your toys.
Check the BBB.
One teen in Steveston just set his $1500 pedal bike on the side of McDonald's restaurant & was going to go inside & order.
I confronted him & shared that he should not be so trusting as anyone could jump on his bike & pedal away.
Well he had no bike lock so I became his personal security guard for 5 minutes. ( volunteered )

Be wise ,stay positive, be honest , as we can only live our own lives & hope others will chose the right way.
Evil & good in society.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:31:47 PM by A-BOATER »

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »

Perhaps I'm being paranoid here but the thought crossed my mind that perhaps the body shop is involved to drum up business ?

I doubt it.  They could just smash the windows, slash tires etc....and not even bother stealing the car.

100% crackheads in my mind.

StillAqua

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »

Top ten car thieves, an attractive bunch:
http://www.news1130.com/2013/01/31/list-of-most-wanted-car-thieves-released/

Maybe Chris was the victim of the Mountain and Shaw Chilliwack car thief duo (#3 & #4 on the list). Hopefully they didn't do anything nasty in the LM. :-[