Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If you had the choice of any of these types of fishing on any one day.. which would you choose.. which is your # 1 favourite style of fishing???

Bar Fishing
- 2 (4.3%)
Sturgeon Fishing
- 6 (12.8%)
Salt Chuck(Trolling)
- 7 (14.9%)
Bottom Bouncing
- 0 (0%)
Float fishing.. ie coho on the Vedder
- 16 (34%)
Other???
- 11 (23.4%)
fly fishing    :)
- 5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: What is your favourite day of fishing???  (Read 6778 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: What is your favourite day of fishing???
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 10:01:47 PM »

I am waiting to do this...dry fly fishing on a warm evening in my boat out on a lake or river with just your buds. (wives are back at the campers cooking :-*hee hee) no noise but the sound of fish splashing as they rise for the evening hatch....man, that's gotta be close to heaven!!!

Straight Runner

What is your favourite day of fishing???
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 10:32:28 PM »

Spud, I agree. Mooching is it. So simple. So smooth. Now you've got me thinking. My only problem is finding live Sardinus Pilcherous or Herring.

McWhackit

• fishing is life, all else is details.
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 05:00:38 AM »

My favorite sturgeon hole, from shore, just at sunset in early September of an odd year. Or tossing the magical Goddard caddis on Hihium lake in July.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »

As much as i love float fishing for salmon and steelhead a day out in the float tube on a peacefull interior lake with my fly rod is second to none.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 01:05:16 PM »

How come fly fishing wasn't on the list?  That's my best day.  Or sturgeon or salt water salmon or drift fishing or ... well, you get the point.  Any fishing will do.

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 01:38:52 PM »

welcome back Malcolm...long time no see!!

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »

Have to be fishing on the ocean for me. It's highly strategic to be successful *more often then not now relative to the way it used to be* and on any given day..that's the way it is.

The fish are prime, and relatively speaking, there's no one else within quite some distance depending on where you want to fish..it's you..the ocean..and FISH.

Trolling or mooching..but trolling is definitely tops...true moochers..are a dying breed I'm sorry to say..

I don't know of ANY true moochers around Vancouver anymore...as the fish just aren't plentiful. Even on Vancouver Island..it's just about finished ALL OVER. Many of the moochers now have become very inconsistent relative to trollers. By my definition, a true moocher uses a single action reel, a 10.5 foot rod or longer, and 10 to 15 lb test at BEST with live herring.

It used to be that the moochers could wail on trollers on a regular basis..not so true anymore my friends. When I think in retrospect..it actually makes me sad..and the abundance of Coho and Springs from days gone by will never be again... :'(
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 11:04:08 AM »

Have to be fishing on the ocean for me. It's highly strategic to be successful *more often then not now relative to the way it used to be* and on any given day..that's the way it is.

The fish are prime, and relatively speaking, there's no one else within quite some distance depending on where you want to fish..it's you..the ocean..and FISH.

Trolling or mooching..but trolling is definitely tops...true moochers..are a dying breed I'm sorry to say..

I don't know of ANY true moochers around Vancouver anymore...as the fish just aren't plentiful. Even on Vancouver Island..it's just about finished ALL OVER. Many of the moochers now have become very inconsistent relative to trollers. By my definition, a true moocher uses a single action reel, a 10.5 foot rod or longer, and 10 to 15 lb test at BEST with live herring.

It used to be that the moochers could wail on trollers on a regular basis..not so true anymore my friends. When I think in retrospect..it actually makes me sad..and the abundance of Coho and Springs from days gone by will never be again... :'(

Well anytime you wanna take me out and show me the basics of mooching I am ready   ;D ;D ;D

I hear you that it is a difficult thing to find the fish... I usually only have luck if I hire a guide....  whenever I have rented a boat in the past I have never had much luck unless I just go where the crowds are....  ::)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »

coho or anything on the fly is good, but the best is fishing late evening to early morning on the Nith fishing sea trout, awsome 
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

ko

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 08:17:22 PM »

fishing for coho in the canyon at the chehalis on a rainy day listening to the river and of course hammering fish

Floon

• It's all in the reflexes!!
    • Lloydpaskall.com
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 09:57:59 PM »

Stillwaters for trophy trout. I don't necessarily have to catch one, they just ned to be in the water I'm fishing. The anticipation is all I need to keep me going for hours on end. Good thing too, some days. :P
 :D
Nothing like minding your own business, twitching an innocent fly pattern out of the terror of the weeded depths ony to have it savagely devoured by wicked beasties from beneath. :o
Kind of warms the blood, don't it? ;)

May 1st, May 1st, May 1st, ....... 8)
Some people think I'm insane. Some other people think I am not right in the head.
Then again some people drive in the fast lane under the speed limit with their blinkers on........
Perhaps these are one and the same people???
You be the judge.