Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bombarda floats  (Read 5116 times)

rheticus

Bombarda floats
« on: December 10, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »

Has anyone used Bombarda floats in BC -- and does anyone know where to get them?

rheticus

Re: Bombarda floats
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »

Call me obsessive, but  I really wanted to try bombarda floats, so finally last week in Germany I went to a tackle store and I stocked up on the things. This morning I headed to a favorite lake intending to fly fish, but it was too windy. So instead I set up my small spinning outfit with a bombarda float and a micro leech about five feet below it. The bombarda float casts brilliantly and, depending on which one you use, settles down to whatever depth/zone you want to cover. I found out after checking a few stomachs that the fish were eating small leeches and snalis (so, obviously not on the surface). By getting my fly down, I was able to get a fish on about every two casts. I had my limit within an hour. Most of the fish were 11-12 inches, but my trophy for the day -- at just under 4 lbs. -- was a challenge to land since I had no net and a 4 lb.-test leader. I recommend these floats (the Germans call them "Schwimmer"); they're really worth trying and, I'd think, stocking in tackle shops.