Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB: Fly tying desk  (Read 669 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
WTB: Fly tying desk
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:07:51 AM »

For a couple years I've been using a collapsable plastic table for my fly tying desk. It functions fine but I'd like something nicer with drawers, a back/hutch to keep things on pegs, etc.

I do not need a dedicated "fly tying desk" as long as it functions well for fly tying. I try to keep my desk as organised as possible with various plastic containers, stuff in plastic drawers beside the desk, etc. It's becoming a real pain as my collection of materials grows.

I'm hoping someone has such as desk for sale, or can steer me in the right direction. I've looked online with no luck in the LM.

Danny Coombs

Re: WTB: Fly tying desk
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:59 AM »

Even though I hate buyng from big stores, these guys will ship direct to your door:

[url]http://www.cabelas.ca/product/28427/cabelas-fly-tying-desk

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: WTB: Fly tying desk
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »

Thanks but I already checked that one out when I was searching online earlier. For me it's too small/dinky. Really not much more space than my current set up with a folding table and plastic storage drawers underneath.

I like the looks of several of the bigger desks under the following link:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=fly+tying+desk&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ssNuU_zvL4qyyATk_4FA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=863#imgdii=_

I'm not sure how much a "nice" one would go for new, but I'm guessing way more than I would want to spend. I'd like to find a nice used one for a fair price or just go with a regular desk from Ikea, Staples, etc that will function well as a fly tying desk. I could always add on some peg board etc to customize it more for fly tying.

If anyone has any leads I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Not much luck with my online search thus far.

Reason I'm gung ho for looking is we are finally moving out of our townhouse into a house!  :) One of the bedrooms will be a dedicated "man room" consisting of a fly tying table on one side and a gun tinkering table and safe on the other. Can't wait!