Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How's the Vedder fishing now?  (Read 2571 times)

3/16ths

How's the Vedder fishing now?
« on: October 22, 2008, 11:37:56 AM »

Hey guys,

My buddy and I were planning on leaving Calgary Thursday evening.  The plan is to drive all night and be on the upper river by 0600 Friday morning.  We aren't really that interested in catching chrome fish (not planning on bringing any back), just something that's much bigger and fights harder than a Rocky Mountain Whitefish:)  Will the fishing still be decent for Chums through the upcoming weekend?  How about Chinooks?  Are they still in the river?  I've haven't heard very much lately about people catching them.

Thanks very much in advance!

Hugh

gordc

Re: How's the Vedder fishing now?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »

You should still have a great chance at hooking into some fish.  I certainly plan on getting a few more Coho this weekend.  It's supposed to rain a lot on Friday so that may bring in a few clean fish.  Most of the Chinook are beat with the very odd exception, there are still a some decent chum in the river and as of this morning there are some prestine Coho in there.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »

Anywhere you go you will get a lot of chum.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »

Springs mostly beatup and you'll find them mostly above Tamahi. Chum yap everywhere, pretty hard to avoid.  Coho... well they are there hiding somewhere.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »

3 years ago on halloween, hooked into 6 fairly clean springs, so Im only guessing theres gonna be a bunch in good shape till then.
The Bigger The Better!

3/16ths

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »

Gentlemen, thanks very much for the replies.  You've given a couple of Alberta boys something to look forward too.

Hugh