Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass in Deer Lake - Burnaby  (Read 123457 times)

chronicfisher

Re: Bass in Deer Lake - Burnaby
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

Has anyone notice after fishing at deer lake your line turns brown? is this normal?

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »

Fished for an hour and a half this evening, caught a few. I kinda cheated, used wacky rigged Senko's and little tube jigs. Caught one that was really chunky.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »

What is a wacky rigged senko  .

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »

Senkos is one type of plastic worms.

Wacky style rig.
http://www.probassfishing.ca/articles/images/Senko-Wacky-style.jpg

BCfisherman97, did you keep your largemouths or was it just catch and release? I would love to see some photos of the fish you caught at Deer Lake.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:26:06 PM by Long_Cast »

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »

No, I don't keep them. Ill get you some pictures if I go out over the weekend if I have a few hours to spare.

noxcape

« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »

Hatch match in maple ridge sells senkos And all The baits you would need to catch big bass at deer lake

Sam6140

« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »

What is with ppl keeping bass?   Most of us enjoy fishing for bass, for the sport.  And therefore will always release them, so that we can enjoy fishing for them in the future.  Quit keeping every *** damned fish you keep, even if it's 3 inches.  Are you frickin' starving or something?   Most ppl on this forum are into sport fishing, not "I fish, cause it's all-you-can-catch free meat.   Sorry, but it's just my frustrated 2 cents, that's sick of ppl fishing out a lake, just because they can.   I'm so sick and tired of seeing ppl fishing around here, ONLY for something to eat, and not the recreation or sport aspect.  

Signed,

Guy who has never and will never keep a fish (because if everyone kept fish, we'd be **** outta fish)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:52:16 AM by Sam6140 »

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2012, 08:17:35 AM »

Sam6140, you need to seriously chill out!

Please don't be so judgemental and accuse people on this board that he or she is keeping the fish they were catching!

Not classy at all.

You need to understand that largemouths are an illegally introduced non-native fish to Deer Lake which is changing the natural ecosystem of the lake.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:37:44 AM by Long_Cast »

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:46 AM »

I'm sure most people would release all of the fish they catch at Deer Lake because the water isn't the cleanest, though I'm sure the fish are still safe to eat.

FYI, the daily catch quota for largemouths/smallmouths in the Lower Mainland is 4.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1113/fishing-synopsis_2011-13_region2.pdf
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:35:04 AM by Long_Cast »

Fillibert

« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2012, 12:51:01 PM »

Catch and release is like flirting with a girl and buying her drinks all night and when she finally bites and agrees to come home with you, you take a picture smile and say no thanks. I mean yes if she's not that good looking... but if she's perfect...
I can't justify fishing if I release every fish I catch. I do release the undersize or old ones but if it's good eating... I get more enjoyment out of eating a fish I caught than one I bought.

Sam6140

« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »

Nope, I don't need to chill out, or be told to.  This is a forum, and is therefore built on opinions, questions, and/or facts.   And I felt like ranting for once - so what.  I do have a problem with our lakes and rivers being over-fished.  Something wrong with mentioning that?  I think not.   I catch and release, so that there will be fish for the next guy to catch, or for the near future.  I just simply wish more ppl would feel and do the same.   

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

Nope, I don't need to chill out, or be told to.  This is a forum, and is therefore built on opinions, questions, and/or facts.   

I think you need to chill out.  Just my opinion though.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #237 on: September 13, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »

Nope, I don't need to chill out, or be told to.  This is a forum, and is therefore built on opinions, questions, and/or facts.   And I felt like ranting for once - so what.  I do have a problem with our lakes and rivers being over-fished.  Something wrong with mentioning that?  I think not.   I catch and release, so that there will be fish for the next guy to catch, or for the near future.  I just simply wish more ppl would feel and do the same.   

Those bass are an INVASIVE SPECIES!!! You can talk all you want about catch and release but you NEED to realize these fish DO NOT belong in this waterway!!! I would bonk every single one of the bass I caught in that lake and their is nothing you could do to stop me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #238 on: September 13, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »

Those bass are an INVASIVE SPECIES!!! You can talk all you want about catch and release but you NEED to realize these fish DO NOT belong in this waterway!!! I would bonk every single one of the bass I caught in that lake and their is nothing you could do to stop me.

What if they offered you 100 bucks to stop :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #239 on: September 13, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »

I would bonk every single one of the bass I caught in that lake and their is nothing you could do to stop me.

Other than the fact that as someone else mentioned, there is a daily limit for bass in this region.

If we were talking about catfish, carp, snakehead, or tilapia, then yes, you could kill as many as you like.